usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 20

4 members and 16 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I contacted cajun bandit and Chris Perres told me it doesn't fit. I still went the CB because it looks like it is better built. I showed their ring to the guy at work and he said if he knew about CB it would have bought it instead of the Weber.

Chris was very helpfull with all my questions, even the real stupid one.

My only problem with everything I ordered is I found out yesterday that I could have got the rib-o-lator from Ontario and saved $40.00 - $50.00. I also can not get to the ribolator web site anymore.

Jay

Edit: I can get to the site now. Got an email from Ribolator that they are out of stock until the 18th.
    Last edited by Just J; 08-13-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    "If you love life, don't waste time - for time is what life is made of."
    Bruce Lee

swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Default 22" WSM is a Rotisserie!

I modified an out of round center section of my Gen1 WSM into a dedicated rotisserie ring.

This was before the Cajun Bandit came out with the reversible ring.

Here is my Gen2 WSM with the CB ring.

I have a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Bundle I bought a while back. They said it would fit a drum (UDS), but it will not. They have since changed their site to say it will fit a drum that measures 22 9/16" ID after we discussed drums.

The ring is heavy (18 ga.) stainless, nice. It accepts a Weber 22.5" lid.

I just bought a used 22.5" Weber kettle cheap. I'm going to cut off the top 4" and use it to adapt the ring and lid to my drum.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by peculiarmike View Post
    I have a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Bundle I bought a while back. They said it would fit a drum (UDS), but it will not. They have since changed their site to say it will fit a drum that measures 22 9/16" ID after we discussed drums.

The ring is heavy (18 ga.) stainless, nice. It accepts a Weber 22.5" lid.

I just bought a used 22.5" Weber kettle cheap. I'm going to cut off the top 4" and use it to adapt the ring and lid to my drum.

Thats the ticket!!

Here is a pic of my Cajun Bandit ring with my soon to be patented "swamprb Kettle Flange Mod".

Notice how tight the seal is?

I use the Kettle Flange Mod on my UDS's when I want to use the Weber lids or the EZ-Que/Weber rotisserie rings. All drums are not created equal, some accept kettle lids and some don't.

My neighbor is collecting Drums, kettles and steel for his Scout troop and they are going to build UDS's and incorporate welding and cooking skills toward Merit. He has a dozen drums now and some of the barrels kettle lids fit perfectly and a lot do not.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
    Thats the ticket!!

Here is a pic of my Cajun Bandit ring with my soon to be patented "swamprb Kettle Flange Mod".

Notice how tight the seal is?

I use the Kettle Flange Mod on my UDS's when I want to use the Weber lids or the EZ-Que/Weber rotisserie rings. All drums are not created equal, some accept kettle lids and some don't.

My neighbor is collecting Drums, kettles and steel for his Scout troop and they are going to build UDS's and incorporate welding and cooking skills toward Merit. He has a dozen drums now and some of the barrels kettle lids fit perfectly and a lot do not.
    I'll not only take one for myself, but I'll carry them on myn store as well Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    I'll not only take one for myself, but I'll carry them on myn store as well Brian.
    You win!

Get an extra rotisserie mount for yours!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2