usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 20

4 members and 16 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Posts: 157,535
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I contacted cajun bandit and Chris Perres told me it doesn't fit. I still went the CB because it looks like it is better built. I showed their ring to the guy at work and he said if he knew about CB it would have bought it instead of the Weber.

    Chris was very helpfull with all my questions, even the real stupid one.

    My only problem with everything I ordered is I found out yesterday that I could have got the rib-o-lator from Ontario and saved $40.00 - $50.00. I also can not get to the ribolator web site anymore.

    Jay

    Edit: I can get to the site now. Got an email from Ribolator that they are out of stock until the 18th.
    Last edited by Just J; 08-13-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    "If you love life, don't waste time - for time is what life is made of."
    Bruce Lee

  2. #12
    swamprb's Avatar
    swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    392

    Default 22" WSM is a Rotisserie!

    I modified an out of round center section of my Gen1 WSM into a dedicated rotisserie ring.





    This was before the Cajun Bandit came out with the reversible ring.

    Here is my Gen2 WSM with the CB ring.


  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of Peculiar, MO
    Posts
    6,735

    Default

    I have a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Bundle I bought a while back. They said it would fit a drum (UDS), but it will not. They have since changed their site to say it will fit a drum that measures 22 9/16" ID after we discussed drums.

    The ring is heavy (18 ga.) stainless, nice. It accepts a Weber 22.5" lid.

    I just bought a used 22.5" Weber kettle cheap. I'm going to cut off the top 4" and use it to adapt the ring and lid to my drum.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

    TQJ Plankowner

    "Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

  4. #14
    swamprb's Avatar
    swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peculiarmike View Post
    I have a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Bundle I bought a while back. They said it would fit a drum (UDS), but it will not. They have since changed their site to say it will fit a drum that measures 22 9/16" ID after we discussed drums.

    The ring is heavy (18 ga.) stainless, nice. It accepts a Weber 22.5" lid.

    I just bought a used 22.5" Weber kettle cheap. I'm going to cut off the top 4" and use it to adapt the ring and lid to my drum.

    Thats the ticket!!

    Here is a pic of my Cajun Bandit ring with my soon to be patented "swamprb Kettle Flange Mod".



    Notice how tight the seal is?







    I use the Kettle Flange Mod on my UDS's when I want to use the Weber lids or the EZ-Que/Weber rotisserie rings. All drums are not created equal, some accept kettle lids and some don't.

    My neighbor is collecting Drums, kettles and steel for his Scout troop and they are going to build UDS's and incorporate welding and cooking skills toward Merit. He has a dozen drums now and some of the barrels kettle lids fit perfectly and a lot do not.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
    Thats the ticket!!

    Here is a pic of my Cajun Bandit ring with my soon to be patented "swamprb Kettle Flange Mod".



    Notice how tight the seal is?







    I use the Kettle Flange Mod on my UDS's when I want to use the Weber lids or the EZ-Que/Weber rotisserie rings. All drums are not created equal, some accept kettle lids and some don't.

    My neighbor is collecting Drums, kettles and steel for his Scout troop and they are going to build UDS's and incorporate welding and cooking skills toward Merit. He has a dozen drums now and some of the barrels kettle lids fit perfectly and a lot do not.
    I'll not only take one for myself, but I'll carry them on myn store as well Brian.

  6. #16
    swamprb's Avatar
    swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    I'll not only take one for myself, but I'll carry them on myn store as well Brian.
    You win!

    Get an extra rotisserie mount for yours!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Help with Chicken on Rotisserie
    By Florida Bill in forum Poultry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 07:56 AM
  2. C&C grillin Co. rotisserie kit
    By brandEn in forum Rotisserie Cooking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. Rotisserie Cooking
    By BurntEndDick in forum Rotisserie Cooking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
  4. **More fun with the rotisserie!**
    By swamprb in forum Rotisserie Cooking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:13 PM
  5. WSM Rotisserie
    By zafira in forum Rotisserie Cooking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 08:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1