Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 22

3 members and 19 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Hybrid View

Default BBQ Sauce Worksheet

BBQ Sauce Worksheet.xls

I worked at perfecting the BBQ sauce I liked until we moved to OK and discovered that Head County was almost the same (maybe a little better). I quit making my own sauce because Head Country was just so good, cheaper than making my own and far easier. Now I have to make up a sugar free sauce for health reasons so I made a BBQ Sauce Worksheet, attached. None of the recipies are mine and they're put on there for comparison purposes. I'm not sure that I agree will all of them as to the style of sauce they are supposed to be, and they make different quantites of finished product. Its kind of fun and you can make up your own sauce a pretty easy.

I hope some you guys might enjoy playing with it.

Thanks, we use the splenda brown sugar instead of the regular.
    Char-Broil Silver Offset Smoker (Modified)
    Weber Performer
    Future UDS W/ Weber Lid

I'll have to try your sf sauce. I have been buying a local sugar free sauce but its not that great, it needs doctoring up. Thanks for sharing!!
    Weber 26.75 OTG,Weber 22.5 Blue Performer, Weber 22.5 OTG with Weber Rotisserie, UDS, 18.5 " WSM,Weber Jumbo Joe

John

The Sugar Free is still a project in the works for me....please let me know what you wind up with. All of the dishes you post look terrific, expecially your "verde" recipies so I'll be interested to see what you wind up with that is sugar free. I think the Brown Splenda that we can buy here is about 50% actual brown sugar cut with 50% Splenda so i haven't tried it. Have you used Rice Syrup in any applications?

Default Rice Syrup

I have learned just today, that although some internet sites may claim the rice syrup is a great alternative to sugar for diabetics, it is not a good alternative to control blood sugar spikes....it does create sugar spikes. I guess I'll back it out of the SF BBQ Sauce recipe and up the Splenda. Perhaps the increased water that will be needed can be made up with diet Dr Pepper or Coke 0.

I'm sorry to do my thinking out loud guys, but I was mis-informed by a website and posted before I learned enough. Never too late to learn, but it can be embarrassing.

Nothing wrong with thinking in writing dude. It's cool that you are helping create a good sauce for diabetics. It's kinda like open source recipes.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Very interesting worksheet I think I'll try some of the recipes. I'm not diabetic, but I am trying to alter my diet to cut out sugar and calories, I think this will help.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddeo View Post
    Coke 0.
    As far as the Coke 0 ? Just an observation, one winter I left a bottle of it in the bed of my truck and it was 7 deg. Fahrenheit over night and it never froze, didn't even get slushy. I don't know what is in it, but it freaked me out!! I ain't drinking anything that won't freeze unless it has alcohol in it and I don't even drink that very often for that matter.
    Take that for what you wish