Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 19

6 members and 13 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Relief for Joplin Victims and Volunteers

How many here would be interested in going to Joplin and cooking Q for the victims and rescue workers?

I have a call in to the folks at Cookshack to see if they might have a big cooker they can loan us.

If we can mount a large enough delegation to make a dent in things up there, I will donate a day or two of my time and some meat and seasonings.

Anyone else?

Im in. Who's with us?
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

We need to try to mount this effort quickly. I know a lot of us have Memorial weekend plans, but this would be one that you would never forget, and there will be more memorial days. Hopefully there will be no more Joplin disasters.

I would love to be in on that and WOULD be but due to the storms and order loads I will be working all weekend and the holiday.

I hope to see folks throwing in on this one.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Quote Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
    I would love to be in on that and WOULD be but due to the storms and order loads I will be working all weekend and the holiday.

I hope to see folks throwing in on this one.
    It is starting to look like it will be next week before we could really even get there. I figure next week we would be more in need. I had even considered asking the people going to Grand lake if they would like to go to Joplin during the day Saturday to cook.

I have located an FEC 300 for next week and have 2 cases of butts volunteered as well as three or four cases of BBQ sauce.

I had no idea you were talking about this weekend Tim. No can do. My "cooking skills" are already spoken for.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

I didn't have anything that I absolutely had to do this weekend. I was willing to abandon my plans and go up there, but like I just posted, I don't see being able to bring it together this weekend anyway.

I'll keep everybody notified as things start to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    I didn't have anything that I absolutely had to do this weekend. I was willing to abandon my plans and go up there, but like I just posted, I don't see being able to bring it together this weekend anyway.

I'll keep everybody notified as things start to come together.
    Count me in Tim . I used to live there , another-wife-ago , the town was very good to me and I would like to return the favor.

Let me know

Tuck
    Porkaholic : No Need to Rehabilitate !
    Luck is preparation meets opportunity,My Grandmother

I'll be off work next Thursday and Friday and the weekend. Count me in too.
    Stump's Stretch
    Ugly Drum Smoker
    Chargriller Smokin Outlaw
    Shoal Creek Fire BBQ Team

I have 2 days in the office Tuesday and Wednesday. Other than that I can be available. How many days do we want to commit to. do we want to base out of the grand Lake venue and drive up and cook then return to Lee's Resort?

Right now, the hard part looks to be finding a place to set up.

I have a friend that works for State Farm and he is up there setting up remote claims assistance offices. He is going to check with local agents and see if any of them have a plac ewe can set up.

Can any of you find any body that might be able to donate meat, bead, beans, so on and so forth?

Let's keep the thread rolling and see what we can come up with.

Joe, do you maybe have any contacts that might be able to provide us with a site?

Can anyone come up with any large cookers?

I have one easy up, one 6x 10 box trailer and one 8' table plus chafing dishes, sterno, a Cambro etc

Tuck and Donny, what do you have in the way of equipment that you could bring?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast