usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 31

8 members and 23 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Burn Co. BBQTulsa, OK

Adam Myers was the sales manager for Hasty Bake /grills for over 10 years. He has done everything form winning major calls at BBQ competitions to teaching Grilling/smoking classes at the Hasty Bake cooking school.

He recently decided to go out on his own and open a BBQ eatery right across the street from the Tulsa University Reynolds Center at 3208 e/ 11th St. (918) 237-9151

I had the pleasure of dining there today and I have gotta say, you should stop by there the first time you get the chance.

The menu much like the atmosphere is simple and unpretentious, but the food is like something you just won't get at any other restaurant I have ever patronized.

Everything is cooked on one of the three Hasty Bake grills on the premises.

The menu consists of brisket, pulled pork shoulder, Eckrich smoked sausag, Johnsonville brats, hot links, chicken legs, and today's special, baby back ribs.

The sides have that home cooked touch as well. I was curious about the "Grilled Potato Salad" so I asked and was told that it would be coming out soon. the next thing I knew, there was a tub of it sitting next to me. It was a wonderful blend of perfectly grilled potatoes, red onion, bell pepper and bacon with what I thnk was a light drizzle of vinaigrette.

All the meats were cooked to perfection and had that indescribable "Cooked by an expert on the backyard grill" flavor.

If in the neighborood, or for that matter, if you just only have time to head that way, I highly recommend htat you stop by and pay Adam and crew a visit, and bring an apetite.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Adam Myers was the sales manager for Hasty Bake /grills for over 10 years. He has done everything form winning major calls at BBQ competitions to teaching Grilling/smoking classes at the Hasty Bake cooking school.

He recently decided to go out on his own and open a BBQ eatery right across the street from the Tulsa University Reynolds Center at 3208 e/ 11th St. (918) 237-9151

I had the pleasure of dining there today and I have gotta say, you should stop by there the first time you get the chance.

The menu much like the atmosphere is simple and unpretentious, but the food is like something you just won't get at any other restaurant I have ever patronized.

Everything is cooked on one of the three Hasty Bake grills on the premises.

The menu consists of brisket, pulled pork shoulder, Eckrich smoked sausag, Johnsonville brats, hot links, chicken legs, and today's special, baby back ribs.

The sides have that home cooked touch as well. I was curious about the "Grilled Potato Salad" so I asked and was told that it would be coming out soon. the next thing I knew, there was a tub of it sitting next to me. It was a wonderful blend of perfectly grilled potatoes, red onion, bell pepper and bacon with what I thnk was a light drizzle of vinaigrette.

All the meats were cooked to perfection and had that indescribable "Cooked by an expert on the backyard grill" flavor.

If in the neighborood, or for that matter, if you just only have time to head that way, I highly recommend htat you stop by and pay Adam and crew a visit, and bring an apetite.
    Sounds great, not to mention the
    22 inch weber
    20 cubic foot homebuilt smoker
    turkey fryer
    coleman stove
    If it burns, I can cook with it.

Thanks for the heads up. Been wondering what was going in there. Its only two miles away. ill stop in next week(and take some pics chef).
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by chef schwantz View Post
    Sounds great, not to mention the
    Sorry chef, but I went there on short notice. the power went off all morning at the office so I decided to make the trip up there. No camera.

I'll try to get back soon and try to snap a few to add.

They've now moved to the corner of 18th & Boston, much larger facility and they now have 21 Hasty Bake Gourmet's fired every day

Would have tried it before heading back to Canada. There is always next time.