Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 25

5 members and 20 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Whiskey cream sauce

This is my favorite sauce on a nice grilled ribeye, it is a sauce recipe from Ree Drummond's book The pioneer woman cooks, I dont know if you have checked out but it has some really good recipes in it and hey, shes from Oklahoma! The Drummonds have a real working ranch here and all her recipes are down home good ranch food, it is delicious!

This recipe makes enough for 2 nice ribeyes, I usually double it since I like it so much and usually cook more than 2 steaks.

Ingridents:

3 tbs butter
    3 tbs diced onions (I like to use more, and I use green onions)
    1/4 c whiskey
    1/4 c beef stock or broth
    dash of salt
    freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 c light cream

Directions:

1- Melt 2 tbs butter over med heat in small skillet. Add the onions and brown, about 4 min.

2- when onion is brown turn off burner and add whiskey

3- as soon as whiskey evaporates turn burner back on med and add the beef stock

4- add salt and black pepper then wisk in another tbs of butter, allow the mixture to bubble for 30 sec

5- reduce heat to low and whisk in the cream, add more cream if it looks too brothy, allow sauce to simmer on low while you prepare your steaks stirring occasionally

6- spoon over your steaks and enjoy!

Hope you enjoy this recipe!
    Cheers, Mike
    Southern Style Cooker, 2-Hasty Bake's, Webber 22" one touch silver, UDS

Sounds good, Mike. Thanks for the recipe.

Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

The Drummonds have several working ranches. They collectively take up about half of Osage county (1.5 million acres). The osage Indians bought the county from the Cherokees for $.75 an acre. J. Paul Getty drilled his first well in Osage county. Frank Phillips brought in the first ever million barrel well there. If you live in OK, and have never been to the tall grass prairie, you've miss one of the best parts of the state.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Bobby Flsy did s throwdown w/ Ree Drummond at the ranch.

curt, I heard that they had sold off a bunch of the ranch and that Ted Turner was one of the buyers. Do you know anything about that? I do know that Turner has bought up a whole bunch of the county and is trying to become the new buffalo meat czar.

Mike, nice twist on au poivre!

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
    The Drummonds have several working ranches. They collectively take up about half of Osage county (1.5 million acres). The osage Indians bought the county from the Cherokees for $.75 an acre. J. Paul Getty drilled his first well in Osage county. Frank Phillips brought in the first ever million barrel well there. If you live in OK, and have never been to the tall grass prairie, you've miss one of the best parts of the state.
    I am part Osage indian (I have a roll card and everything) my Dad is from Pawhuska where they own all the land, they are very nice people, they used to have a condo above us at grand lake and they come in my shop from time to time.

Tim, I saw that throwdown and man their ranch is beautiful! I loved it when Bobby and his team were driving in and they had to russel the cattle off the road for them to get to the ranch house.
    Cheers, Mike
    Southern Style Cooker, 2-Hasty Bake's, Webber 22" one touch silver, UDS

Quote Originally Posted by trucknstuffmike View Post
    I am part Osage indian (I have a roll card and everything) my Dad is from Pawhuska where they own all the land, they are very nice people, they used to have a condo above us at grand lake and they come in my shop from time to time.

Tim, I saw that throwdown and man their ranch is beautiful! I loved it when Bobby and his team were driving in and they had to russel the cattle off the road for them to get to the ranch house.
    Spent lots of time in the area. Love it. Driving thru the open prairie gives a different perspective of the land. My kids are 1/4 Cherokee(not from me).
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Bump for posterity and delicious eats! Thanks Mike
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Second that. I saw her make this sauce a while back for steaks they did for the old man's birthday.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Her show is really popular now.I like her style of cooking.
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum