Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 36

7 members and 29 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Maverick ET-732 Review

This is the new Maverick ET-732.

They say that they tried to take the ET-73 and fix everything that folks complained about and fix it.

Receiver on the left, transmitter on the right

Back of receiver has a flip out stand, but does not have a belt clip. I would like to see a belt clip, but the unit fits easily into a pocket.

Back of transmitter has a clip that rotates 180 to either be a stand or a hanger.

While the cables are thicker and more heavy duty, they still aren't as heavy as the OS AW-131. (the darker one with the knurled connecter is the OS cable)

No need to get into the battery compartment to resynch the units. No more infinitesimally tiny switches that break easily. Now an alert to let you know if you are out of range, and the settings are saved even if you turn off the unit, let alone go out of range. Units resynch automatically when you come back into range, and range that covers me anywhere on my property, even through the house.

This unit gets a thumbs up all the way around from me.

If you need to know anything else about this unit, post the questions here and I will do my best to keep them answered as they come up.

Received mine in the mail just today. Easy setup. Tested both probes with calibration equipment I use with my work. Found both to be +/- 1* F.

Cheap plastic case (Maverick may want to consider a rubber/shock resistant cover like for an iPhone etc.)

Aside from that, Great unit!

Weber Spirit S-320 LP Gas Grill
    Charbroil Oil less Turkey Fryer
    Wife 1956 model

does bbq supply carry these?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    This is the new Maverick ET-732.

They say that they tried to take the ET-73 and fix everything that folks complained about and fix it.

Receiver on the left, transmitter on the right

Back of receiver has a flip out stand, but does not have a belt clip. I would like to see a belt clip, but the unit fits easily into a pocket.

Back of transmitter has a clip that rotates 180 to either be a stand or a hanger.

While the cables are thicker and more heavy duty, they still aren't as heavy as the OS AW-131. (the darker one with the knurled connecter is the OS cable)

No need to get into the battery compartment to resynch the units. No more infinitesimally tiny switches that break easily. Now an alert to let you know if you are out of range, and the settings are saved even if you turn off the unit, let alone go out of range. Units resynch automatically when you come back into range, and range that covers me anywhere on my property, even through the house.

This unit gets a thumbs up all the way around from me.

If you need to know anything else about this unit, post the questions here and I will do my best to keep them answered as they come up.
    Life @ Home Party Grill
    Char.broil smoker with side fire box
    Grand Cafe Model CG108ALP Out Door Kitchen
    Bradley Smoker
    probally every acces. and gadget known to man
    Fat Family BBQ Team Banner