» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 59

0 members and 59 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SmokyOkie Guest

Default Here it is folks!

For all of you that have been wanting to add a Guru to your UDS, but didn't want to have to reach down inside that nasty dirty drum to drill a new hole and install an adapter. TADA the new 3/4" ball valve adapter.

An exclusive at www.usbbqsupply.com for the time being.

These will be in stock within the next week or so. Order yours now to be the first to have one.

Wait, so an electronical thingie will now open and close the valve on your UDS based on preset temp settings? Is that what this does?
    I am in shape. Round is a shape.
    I LOVE vegetarians! They come in Chicken, Pork, and Beef flavors!

The guru fan fits in the adaptor? Then i need one. I also need a maverick thermo pen before christmas. Fix me up please.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by O B City View Post
    Wait, so an electronical thingie will now open and close the valve on your UDS based on preset temp settings? Is that what this does?
    No, it doesn't open and close the valve, it just applies the correct amount of air to sustain the pre set temp. It will prevent flare ups because there is a shutter on the discharge side of the fan where you can choke down the size of the opening.

You can keep the opening much smaller because the fan uses forced air unlike th estraight drum burn which functions on induced draft.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
    The guru fan fits in the adaptor? Then i need one. I also need a maverick thermo pen before christmas. Fix me up please.
    Be happy to Curt. You can orer the PT-100 at www.usbbqsupply.com or if you are gonna be in BA in the next few days, just come by and get one.

I may be a week or two before I have the Guru adapter, but I can mail you one for next to nithing when they get here if need be.

I got a nut on the inside of the drum so Im screwed or at least Im gonna have to drill a new hole. I was lookin fer summin that would screw onto the pipe nipple that I have when I remove the 3/4in valve when using the guru.

wait a minute, would that unit screw onto the valve itself?? If so, you could use the guru to choke down or the valve to choke down the guru, NICE!!!

Maybe a quick shot of it installed??
    Last edited by Chargrilled; 12-04-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    MEMBER: BERGIE BBQ team 2011, 2012.

Just read about it on US BBQ supply, it does screw into valve!

$25.00! Maybe ask for one for xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Chargrilled View Post
    I got a nut on the inside of the drum so Im screwed or at least Im gonna have to drill a new hole. I was lookin fer summin that would screw onto the pipe nipple that I have when I remove the 3/4in valve when using the guru.

wait a minute, would that unit screw onto the valve itself?? If so, you could use the guru to choke down or the valve to choke down the guru, NICE!!!

Maybe a quick shot of it installed??
    No new hole needed Trav, the adapter screws directly into the ball valve and the blower snout slips into the adapter. Open the ball valve all the way and use the gate on the GURU blower to regulate the amount of air coming in. Or, it could work the opposite. Your choice I'd say.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Very nice Tim. That would beat the farm engineered adapter I've been using since I got my Guru.

Josh
    AKA: Geek with Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Geek with Fire View Post
    Very nice Tim. That would beat the farm engineered adapter I've been using since I got my Guru.

Josh, I have done something similar. I took electrical tape and went around the pipe many times to create a gromet that the guru would slip onto and stay. Its pretty jerry rigged but works. If I could only get the specs of that unit I could have a good friend of mine make on out of stainless in the mill!

That was a joke,.......no really!

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chargrilled View Post
    Josh, I have done something similar. I took electrical tape and went around the pipe many times to create a gromet that the guru would slip onto and stay. Its pretty jerry rigged but works. If I could only get the specs of that unit I could have a good friend of mine make on out of stainless in the mill!

That was a joke,.......no really!
    One end is 3/4 NPT. just measure the OD of your guru fan discharge and you'll know what to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast