Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 20

3 members and 17 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Thread: big easy

Default big easy

what you guys know about it? its oilless and is suppose to make some great results? anyone hear of it before?
    Life @ Home Party Grill
    Char.broil smoker with side fire box
    Grand Cafe Model CG108ALP Out Door Kitchen
    Bradley Smoker
    probally every acces. and gadget known to man
    Fat Family BBQ Team Banner

I think there is a member or two that have one. If I remember correctly someone said they worked pretty good but are cheaply made.
    Weber 26.75 OTG,Weber 22.5 Blue Performer, Weber 22.5 OTG with Weber Rotisserie, UDS, 18.5 " WSM,Weber Jumbo Joe

John

Need some more info. Are you asking about New Orleans Louisianna?
    22 inch weber
    20 cubic foot homebuilt smoker
    turkey fryer
    coleman stove
    If it burns, I can cook with it.

Yeah Chef it's the oiless fryer he's asking about. I haven't used one and doubt I would, but I've heard some like em.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Somebody here was going to do a bird for T-day with one. Can't recall who. Be interesting to see how they work.
    22 inch weber
    20 cubic foot homebuilt smoker
    turkey fryer
    coleman stove
    If it burns, I can cook with it.

I am sure they do a fine job of roasting a bird, but I don't hardly see how they could call it a fryer.

Jake look up a buddy of mine on facebook, His name is Chef Berry, He used it for Thanks Giving and he can't stop talking about it.

He say's it's a tool every chef shouldn't be with out.
    I didn't claw my way up the food chain just to eat vegetables

Default a little bit of knowlege

Hiya - I write the newsletter and weg log called Sizzle on the Grill - sponsored by Char-Broil.

The Big Easy and Big Easy Smoker, Roaster & Grill are propane-fueled infrared cookers. These use infrared energy to cook meat. If you've ever stood round a camp-fire or your charcoal in a grill - and the hot smokey air is blowing toward the pretty girls or at least not in your direction (believe me it never blows to me!) and your face and clothes get hot - that's infrared energy generated by the hot coals - "it turns to heat when it hits the meat."

This energy doesn't need air or other medium to travel, it can travel in a vacuum of space as it does from the sun. The chamber of these two cookers is designed to generate infrared energy that "bathes" the food placed in the cooking basket. The energy "turns to heat on the surface of the meat" and produces a result that is very very VERY similar to frying in hot oil....but without the cost or mess or worry. It's not identical but very close.

The skin is brown and crispy and the meat remains juicy because the cookers do not use hot air to cook or roast the meat. In fact, you cook a turkey with the top open to let hot air that is generated on the surface of the meat escape. Totally counter intuitive to the way we normally cook in our smokers, grills and even fryers.

BUT you can probably guess that I'm biased, as Char-Broil sponsors me. Hey I dance with the one that brung me! So check out the various comments on the Community Forums of Sizzle on the Grill and get the straight skinny from folks who own and use the cookers. You will read complaints and fixes, questions, etc. I'm not saying this to poach anyone from this forum and please forgive me if it sounds that way. Just trying to provide some credible resources to ask that aren't paid to do so.

Thanks. CB

Default sheese...

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Derek View Post
    Jake look up a buddy of mine on facebook, His name is Chef Berry, He used it for Thanks Giving and he can't stop talking about it. He say's it's a tool every chef shouldn't be with out.
    Man ---- Chef Barry --- and it's a nickname (as my profile on Facebook clearly states...)

Thanks CD...