» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 47

0 members and 47 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Cajun Bandit Mini Smokey Joe conversion

While Left Hand Smoke was cooking at the Jack, I was presented with a prototype of the Mini Smokey Joe conversion from Chris Byrd and Chris Perres of the C&C Grilling Co. I gotta say this is one sweet little cooker!

I made one modification, a vent handle.

I have had a couple Smokey Joes kicking around and never fired them up, I even built a Mini BDS clone from a 15 gallon drum, but the Cajun Bandit beats it hands down!

People are building "Smoker Joe's" and cutting the bottoms off of tamale pots for the center section. A friend built one and has even competed with his, but even he admitted he was impressed with the quality from C&C and can't wait to get his hands on one!

SmokyOkie Guest

I'd like to see more of the bottom and how it works.

I am curious how they price it. The ProQ guys have had a 18.5" one on eBay for a long time at around $30 plus shipping. The Smokey Joe is something like 14" grill diameter?
    I am in shape. Round is a shape.
    I LOVE vegetarians! They come in Chicken, Pork, and Beef flavors!

I like the Idea but I know I can build one from a tamale pot and a SS dog bowl for a hole lot less. I like the handle mod.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by BluDawg View Post
    I like the Idea but I know I can build one from a tamale pot and a SS dog bowl for a hole lot less. I like the handle mod.
    You could, but the people that have done the tamale pot mod's biggest complaint is how well it fits into the bowl of the SJS.

The center section is formed to slip into the SJS and seat on a rolled bead, just like a WSM or the large Cajun Bandit.

Personally, I kind of felt the "Smoker Joe" mod was a novelty. I wasn't really interested in doing one since I had a Mini Drum, but since I got this home and started playing around with it I'm amazed at how much I'm using it.

There is a whole Smoker Joe thread on the bullet site in the portable grill forum, and people are reporting 5-6 hour burn times with theirs. I'm told that C&C is making a larger charcoal ring than the one I am playing with, and I can't wait until I get some quality free time to cook some low n' slow with this.

SmokyOkie Guest

Got a link to the thread on the bullet forum Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by swamprb View Post

There is a whole Smoker Joe thread on the bullet site in the portable grill forum, and people are reporting 5-6 hour burn times with theirs. I'm told that C&C is making a larger charcoal ring than the one I am playing with, and I can't wait until I get some quality free time to cook some low n' slow with this.
    I know I used to be a member over there until I wore out My welcome, I reckon I was to much of a redneck for all them premadonas over their.
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Got a link to the thread on the bullet forum Brian?
    I believe this is it.
    http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...3/m/5870049575

Quote Originally Posted by BluDawg View Post
    I know I used to be a member over there until I wore out My welcome, I reckon I was to much of a redneck for all them premadonas over their.
    I am really starting to get annoyed with that site. The rules are a little too tight over there and you can't have any fun without the wrath of Chris jumping down your throat.
    Weber 26.75 OTG,Weber 22.5 Blue Performer, Weber 22.5 OTG with Weber Rotisserie, UDS, 18.5 " WSM,Weber Jumbo Joe

John

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin99 View Post
    I believe this is it.
    http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...3/m/5870049575

I am really starting to get annoyed with that site. The rules are a little too tight over there and you can't have any fun without the wrath of Chris jumping down your throat.
    He banished me for all eternity because he didn't like the avitar I was using. He removed it, I put it back ,he banned me. I'm so hurt!
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

Well... it looks like I'm in with good company here then!

The funny thing about that site, is that there is a lot of good info, but the whole deal about posting pics is BS. Too many wasted posts - a picture is worth a thousand words. I can't post pics, because I didn't follow the rules-my fault, I was warned more than twice.
    Same goes with the Eggheadforum, they moderate with an iron fist and if it ain't BGE it gets deleted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast