usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 112

5 members and 107 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advantages of the Weber Kettles?

First off, I am by no means a Weber "hater". I've never cooked on one but they seem to have a HUGE following. I've seen that they are very versatile and do direct/indirect heat very nicely. What advantages do they have over other charcoal grills that makes them so desirable? After all, it should be a good time of year to buy one, right?
    BellFab Smoker
    Weber Performer grill
    OSU - UDS Smoker
    KingCooker fish fryer

I only own one Weber Kettle (picked it out of the neighbor's pile on free trash-whatever-you-want day), and several clones.

The thing I enjoyed over other grills I have owned is the precise control over the burn you get once you learn the combinations of upper and lower vents. There are also a number of cool accessories to make your kettle do other things, like a smoker conversion from C&C grilling or Smoke E-Z, rotissire adapters from several manufacturers (including Weber), and even a Pizza Oven! They are resonably well made from thick enough material to last a long time. The 22.5" has become an industry standard like the chevy small block, and everyone has parts for it.

I did not say anywhere here that they are the best, but they are so adequate, so consistent once the venting is understood, and so versatile that everyone but you has one .
    I am in shape. Round is a shape.
    I LOVE vegetarians! They come in Chicken, Pork, and Beef flavors!

I'm a Weber Guy. The kettle is just so easy and versatile to use. The heat distribution is excellent and they are fairly reasonably priced and will last forever if taken care of.
    Weber 26.75 OTG,Weber 22.5 Blue Performer, Weber 22.5 OTG with Weber Rotisserie, UDS, 18.5 " WSM,Weber Jumbo Joe

John

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin99 View Post
    I'm a Weber Guy. The kettle is just so easy and versatile to use. The heat distribution is excellent and they are fairly reasonably priced and will last forever if taken care of.
    Between Weber and the UDS my offset rarely gets used anymore. I've been grilling and smoking on a Weber kettle almost 30 years. If I could only own one piece of cooking equipment it would be a 22" one touch kettle.
    The heat control is amazing I can get a 12 Hr cook on 4 lbs of charcoal and never touch a thing
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

^^
    What they said!

Weber kettles are just so easy to use and versitile. I have an expanded metal ring in mine ala Bludawg and use it when smoking as well as grilling. IMO, if you have a weber kettle and a drum, you're set.
    UDS Mini UDS Weber Performer Weber 18.5 OTG Smokey Joe Smokey Joe WSM mod Weber-Q 1200

It's the best bang for the buck in an all around versatile grill capable of grilling or smoking. Lots of goodies to add as mentioned like this http://smokenator.com/. Also replacement parts are readily available in stores and online. I use mine mostly for grilling, but long ago I even cooked brisket with good results. Also you can replace the lid and close all vents after cooking, and it will snuff out your fire quickly and save leftover charcoal for your next cook.

Got a birthday coming this month, and Christmas soon after. I'm hoping a smokenator is in my future.

There ain't much you can't do if you have a 22" Weber and a drum. For 200 bucks or so you can grill/smoke anything. Who says BBQ equipment has to be expensive?
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Best customer service among all grill manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by BluDawg View Post
    Between Weber and the UDS my offset rarely gets used anymore. I've been grilling and smoking on a Weber kettle almost 30 years. If I could only own one piece of cooking equipment it would be a 22" one touch kettle.
    The heat control is amazing I can get a 12 Hr cook on 4 lbs of charcoal and never touch a thing

I betcha you'd change your way of thinking if you ever cooked on a Hasty Bake.

good read
    Life @ Home Party Grill
    Char.broil smoker with side fire box
    Grand Cafe Model CG108ALP Out Door Kitchen
    Bradley Smoker
    probally every acces. and gadget known to man
    Fat Family BBQ Team Banner

GT IS A WEBER HATER!!!

I've only had one for maybe a yr. It's easy to use and easy on the charcoal. I'm sure others would work fine. 1 touch silver is a pretty cheap grill this time of yr. ~$70.

Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast