usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 23

3 members and 20 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Exclamation BBQ For The Troops - 6/5/2008 - Ft. Hood, Tx

Guys, I need some help here. We are putting on a BBQ for another group of soldiers (5th Brigade, 1st Cav) heading out to Iraq. We participated in one at Ft. Hood last year and it was VERY fulfilling. We show up on 6/4 and cook all night then have a service team that feeds everyone, the count they gave us is 9,000 troops and their families (we did 10,000 last year). We can use all the help we can get, and anything you can do is GREATLY appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, or if you have my # give me a call. Thanks!

I know a few of y'all have some big smokers as well, we can use all the cooking space we can get too. We cooked up almost 7,000 LBS of brisket, pork butts, and sausage, wont be quite that much this year, but still will be at least a couple tons of meat. Last year we had a guy come all the way from Alabama to help us out. Even if you don't have a smoker, we can utilize your assistance.

The menu for this time is brisket and chicken accompanied by tater salad, slaw, sauce, bread, pickles, drinks, etc. All food is donated all we need is elbow grease and cookers.
    Yellow Dog BBQ Team
    Gator Predator
    When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

Ok, well we have 3 days until this event. I want to thank everyone who has stepped up to help with this event. Looks like we are going to have some "nice" weather, 97* and sunny. We will get some pics while we are there and try to remember to share when we get home.
    Yellow Dog BBQ Team
    Gator Predator
    When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

I wish I was close to the area. I would have been more than happpy to help out.

Good luck with the event!
    FBJ

We loaded up yesterday and are ready to roll out later this morning for Ft. Hood. Looks like there are going to be alot of cookers coming out and we are looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of new freinds. Also looks like we are looking at some HOT and WINDY weather over the next couple days, oh well, we will make due.

Wish us luck!
    Yellow Dog BBQ Team
    Gator Predator