usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 26

6 members and 20 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in participating in premium suscriptions

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

30 88.24%
  • NO

4 11.76%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Nobody that started this forum ran away from anything else.

Nobody that started this forum did so due to any personality clashes with anyone on any other forum.

Nobody that started this forum had any problems with subscription memberships on any other forum.

In fact, to my knowledge, no other BBQ forums had subscription memberships to offer when this forum was founded.

The fact of the matter is that it costs money to run these things, and the larger they get, the more it costs.

If not through strictly volunteer subscription supporting memberships, how would you suggest the forum be funded.

I visit other forums that now have subscriptions, and I see no snobbishness, social strata or anything else on those forums.

Why would you think that would happen here?

the concept is strictly optional and all that has been free would remain so for those that do not want to support, or are unable to support the community.

foro the time being though, the concept is still in the formative stages, and is simply under investigation, though it does seem to be a favorable recetion so far.
    FB

Personally I belong to several other forums and still pass through all of them to see what's happening and how things are going. I still pay a "premium" at one forum and don't mind doing so. And I will do so here - I won't hesitate one second.

This has become a settling place and I intend to help any way I can to see it grow. I like it here and have a lot of fun with the people here - most of whom I've never met and they still put up with me and my anti-chicken campaign

Count me still in!
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Quote Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
    Personally I belong to several other forums and still pass through all of them to see what's happening and how things are going. I still pay a "premium" at one forum and don't mind doing so. And I will do so here - I won't hesitate one second.

This has become a settling place and I intend to help any way I can to see it grow. I like it here and have a lot of fun with the people here - most of whom I've never met and they still put up with me and my anti-chicken campaign

Count me still in!
    Awww, ya chicken hater! Maybe you should start your own "Sorry you had to have..." forum I'd check in every now an then just to show ya what you're missin'!

Seriously, this is a cool place, even for Clucker Love.
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

New here but not by any means to the forum world. I pay membership fees at a couple of off-road/shooting boards ($15-$20/year) because I enjoy them and want to help with the expenses. There are other boards I've dropped my membership due to the lack of information or just plain "My junks better than yours" attitudes.

I have not yet dug deep enough into "The Q Joint" to argue the point one way or the other. But, as for the "Premium Member" concept, I think it is the only way to provide the latest and greatest forum experience. As a forum ages two things grow: the number of users and volume of data. More users requires faster servers/internet connections. More data requires storage space to archive and faster servers to access. All this cost money.

There are things I believe should be free. I can't stand paying for a "yellow/white pages" listing that they drop at my door step once a year anyway. But, the information contained on a site like this is compiled by people's love for the hobby. Trial and error, research and try again. Then, out of the goodness of their hearts, they share their "notes" with us on forums like this.

Having said that, it needs to be understood that a "Premium Membership" isn't selling the information but rather helping those that provide the means for us to share it.

Sorry for the long post. Bottom line is Yes, I will support you if I find this site useful which it's looking that way.

I think that was very aptly put sir.

Well put Steve. I was thinking about this earlier today and was thinking "ya know I've spent more than the cost of a premium membership on a walk in movie for two with popcorn and drinks. And I don't get to keep going back to the movies for that cost."

Like I've said, when it comes around, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
    Well put Steve. I was thinking about this earlier today and was thinking "ya know I've spent more than the cost of a premium membership on a walk in movie for two with popcorn and drinks. And I don't get to keep going back to the movies for that cost."

Like I've said, when it comes around, I'm in.
    You know what is amazing, besides this site? The fact that Joe found a friend to go to a movie with. I mean....really...

Steve, I wholeheartedly agree!
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

Kevin - Why ya gotta be like that??? :finger:

It's just how I roll, Joe.
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by BA_LoKo View Post
    You know what is amazing, besides this site? The fact that Joe found a friend to go to a movie with. I mean....really...

Steve, I wholeheartedly agree!
    His wife told me she won't go to a movie with him.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast