Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 28

7 members and 21 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in participating in premium suscriptions

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

30 88.24%
  • NO

4 11.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I am a moderator on another bbq forum.
    I also pay to keep that site up and running.
    I understand what the costs are and I am on a limited income.
    I wish this forum the best of luck but I am unable to contribute a monthly stipend as other unforseen circumstances wont allow.

Thanks for allowing me to post what little I have.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bbqbull View Post
    I wish this forum the best of luck but I am unable to contribute a monthly stipend as other unforseen circumstances wont allow.

Mike
    You are always welcome, Mike!
    Thanks for your contributions here, we really appreciate every post from everyone.
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

I voted in the pool YES. I would be more than happy to contribute $2. or so a month to keep this site up and running. I have learned much here and enjoy the banter among some of the members. Now that said lets see a pool as to how much per month toooo keep certain people OFF this site.................. Just around. This is a great site made up with a bunch of great people that all love smokin and "Q"ing.
    A WORD to the WISE is not necessary....It's the STUPID ones that need advice............
    Brain cells come and brain cells go but FAT cells live forever!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....It's about learning to dance in the rain.

TEC/CharBroil Infrared 5 burner w/ sideburner
    UDS Modifications. A Beauty
    Aussie 2 burner propane w/ side burner (Lake)
    Modified Smoke Cube (Lake)
    Modified ECB Propane Water Smoker (Lake)

I voted Yes! I have no problem with a small fee for recipe storage and such, The Joint has become one of my favorite sites.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqbull View Post

Mike
    Mike you will always be able to post here. There won't be any pressure for those who can't afford it to pay. Please continue to use the forum as you always have. We appreciate all of our members and are looking to add value to the site. To do such will be an expense and we are looking for some help to add these features.

Thank you to all our members. As we implement our upgrades we will be making posts to announce what is being offered with a clear statement to the price.
    QnB

The way this place is set up I would have no problem supporting it with a service charge / ie donation .and or pay for view .

Straight up I really like the folks in here and find less b/s and or harassment here than one other big board . Now for those of you who read from the other board but don't post here fully understand some of you are cool as hell and some or just jacka$$s .

" You know I guess Myron Mixon could not be a member of OTBS because of all the smoke and mist a JOS puts out ? "

I ain't bitter as I am just sayin my reasons for being here more and there less . When we had our discussion about an upcoming event your guys showed me ( and gals ) showed me what's real and what's not . Thanks

TripleBQ & family

ps Just don't make it do an auto re-knewal .. let me decide always if I want to re up or not .

Quote Originally Posted by TripleBQ View Post
    The way this place is set up I would have no problem supporting it with a service charge / ie donation .and or pay for view .

Straight up I really like the folks in here and find less b/s and or harassment here than one other big board . Now for those of you who read from the other board but don't post here fully understand some of you are cool as hell and some or just jacka$$s .

" You know I guess Myron Mixon could not be a member of OTBS because of all the smoke and mist a JOS puts out ? "

I ain't bitter as I am just sayin my reasons for being here more and there less . When we had our discussion about an upcoming event your guys showed me ( and gals ) showed me what's real and what's not . Thanks

TripleBQ & family

ps Just don't make it do an auto re-knewal .. let me decide always if I want to re up or not .
    Triple, the choice is there now for "non-renewing" donations. Up in the top left of the main page you'll see a yellow button that says "Support TQJ". As you feel the urge, you can help support the site there.

For others, this ongoing monthly subscription will be more convenient and, perhaps, more affordable to some.

As always, we truly appreciate the support received, both financially as well as your participation.

What we DON'T want is for anyones donation to become a financial burden on themselves or their family.
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

Well..........For what its worth...........I kinda like you guys & gal.
    Count me in.
    Lou
    I want what your Smoking!!
    GMG Jim Bowie
    Have Traeger will Travel
    1 Yellow Thremapen

hav no idea how I missed this. You know Im in fellas!!
    MEMBER: BERGIE BBQ team 2011, 2012.

Just stumbled across this.

I honestly haven't decided which way to go, pros and cons both directions. One thing that sorta puzzles me is that for some reason I have always had the impression that this forum started because some of our members didn't want to pay fees on another forum, along with maybe some personality clashes... Why I am thinking that, I don't really know--can't point to one specific post that spelled it out, just the impression I have picked up over the last year. With that understanding, isn't creating a subscription-based upper class getting the forum right back to what it was running away from?
    UDS #2
    RUDS #3
    Weber one-touch
    Magic Chef fridge smoker

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast