Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 50

13 members and 37 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in participating in premium suscriptions

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

30 88.24%
  • NO

4 11.76%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I voted. Wanted to be different, sorry.

i'm in ya pecker heads.

Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Thanks for fixing it for us Q. I've been subscribing to my Porsche forum at 25 bucks a year for 5 years now. It renews every year automatically through pay pal. The knowledge I gain makes it very well worth the money. I'm sure it will here too.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Count me in. I have learned so much, and made so many friends on this site, that I would be proud to help out with costs.
    Stump's Stretch
    Ugly Drum Smoker
    Chargriller Smokin Outlaw
    Shoal Creek Fire BBQ Team

yah me too its just to much fun!
    Oscar

3 UDS, Treager pellet pooper

I'd be more than happy to pitch a few bones a month to this great site.
    Weber 26.75 OTG,Weber 22.5 Blue Performer, Weber 22.5 OTG with Weber Rotisserie, UDS, 18.5 " WSM,Weber Jumbo Joe

John

I'm down with a paid membership, I use this site for reference several times a week so it just makes sense.
    UDS Mini UDS Weber Performer Weber 18.5 OTG Smokey Joe Smokey Joe WSM mod Weber-Q 1200

I made a donation of $25 to this site but I would't be interested in a monthly fee.

It kind of all depends... When I came across this site initially I was just looking for free info. I would of went to another site if I had to pay.

But now that I have been here a while and seen the quality of the site, the comradery and genuine hospitality of its members.... Well I donated 25$ because of it and would now consider paying a monthly fee.
    by Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfinger68 View Post
    I made a donation of $25 to this site but I would't be interested in a monthly fee.

It kind of all depends... When I came across this site initially I was just looking for free info. I would of went to another site if I had to pay.

But now that I have been here a while and seen the quality of the site, the comradery and genuine hospitality of its members.... Well I donated 25$ because of it and would now consider paying a monthly fee.

I think the site will always be free to use. The way I understand it is there will be added value levels of some sort.... I wouldn't have stopped at any site if I had to pay just to post.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

This is a great site. I've learned a lot, had a bunch of fun and made some friends. I'm in.

Recipe storage would be cool!
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfinger68 View Post

Mr. Finger, first off, your donation was most generous and was not unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you for your contribution to our/your community.

That being said, Mr Cicles is correct. There will always be free memberships here at The Q Joint. what we are talking about is simply offering a few more perks for those members that would like to subscribe to them.

There would be no aspersions cast on those that prefer not to partake of the premium memberships.

The problem that we have is that if we retain services to maintain and protect the quality of our forum, those people charge a monthly fee, and we would need to obligate ourselves to that. They don't work on a "Maybe this month, maybe not next month" basis.

So where that leaves us is that we would need to have a regular revenue stream coming in so that we could maintain the revenue outflow going their direction.

For what it's worth, the premiums would cost less per month than what your donation did.

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Thoughts like yours are why this thread was started.
    FB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast