usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 22

5 members and 17 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Wiley's Championship BBQ

Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures, but thought I would put a review up of this Savannah, GA joint. I found it via Urbanspoon (it rarely dissappoints) because it was the highest rated Q joint in the area. When we got there it is a little hole in the wall of a small strip mall (4 businesses?) and only had 6 tables inside. After eating way too much, I left very pleased.

My father-in-law and I split the sampler so we could taste all the meats. The ribs are St. Louis cut and KC style and came out piping hot. The chicken was just OK, but I think most chicken Q is not as good as the others. The brisket is sweet and tender, but holds its form in nice 1/4" slices. The pork was fantastic, juicy and flavorful.

The star of the show was the Redneck Nachos we got as an appetizer. They are house made thick potato chips smothered in pulled pork, cheese & bbq sauce. I could tell the pork on this was from the money muscle (just a coincidence I am sure) but it was so juicy and delicious. Next time I make a butt, you can bet your #@$!#@$!#@$! I will be making some of these!
    Sean
    Huntington, WV
    Purdue '03

As we live in Savannah, GA wife and I are going to check it out next week. Thanks for the report.

Let us know how ya like it!
    Sean
    Huntington, WV
    Purdue '03