usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 195

6 members and 189 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Thread: truck issues..

Default truck issues..

talk about a little off topic eh? well, the truck does smoke a little every now and then...

anyway.. for any of you gearheads out there. what would cause a hazard and brake light not to work, but the running and turn are fine. same corner. and no, its not the bulb. thats new. not fuse, there are only front and rear fuses for the lights. and this in only on the left rear. its also not, at least i dont' think it is, the multi switch in the column. checked the wires as best as i could see them.. they seem okay. ???

idears??

TIA
    "BoB" a leaky Offset Stickburner
    Backwoods G2 Party and G2 Chubby
    UDS

Check your ground.
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

Could be one of several things. A bad socket, shorted wire, or a bad connection in the switch. Unlikely the turn signal switch cuz the hazzard switch is seperate. I would likely think in the wires or the socket.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

h20loo is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket h20loo is an unknown quantity at this point

Chevy taillights can corrode in the taillight assembly. Some lights work because they find a ground though another system. So- thats what Jonser said!!

All of those are good answers. I've chashed a lot of electrical problems. They usually end up being a bad ground, or corrosion. I assume you can eliminate DAPO(dumbass previous owner) as a problem? Bad combo switch would affect front and rear. The blinking is controled by a flasher unit. the switches tell the flasher what fixtures to iluminate. Remove the non operable bulb from its socket and check for 12 volts. If yes your bulb is bad. If no, start back from there to find out where the voltage is lost. If you don't have one, google a wiring diagram for your year and make of truck. Since the hazard and turn indicator are usually the same filament, and the problem is only on one corner, I'm betting on some corrosion in the socket.

Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

h20loo is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket h20loo is an unknown quantity at this point

and I would use the sockets ground on the meter or test light.

do a conteniuity test on the flasher unit it mat be the culprit. if the fasher checks ok then the turnsignal/dimmer switch is bad.#@$!
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
    All of those are good answers. I've chashed a lot of electrical problems. They usually end up being a bad ground, or corrosion. I assume you can eliminate DAPO(dumbass previous owner) as a problem? Bad combo switch would affect front and rear. The blinking is controled by a flasher unit. the switches tell the flasher what fixtures to iluminate. Remove the non operable bulb from its socket and check for 12 volts. If yes your bulb is bad. If no, start back from there to find out where the voltage is lost. If you don't have one, google a wiring diagram for your year and make of truck. Since the hazard and turn indicator are usually the same filament, and the problem is only on one corner, I'm betting on some corrosion in the socket.

Sounds like a weener to me!!!!! Same problem I had on my chevy, it was the grounding and corrosion!
    Ken

20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
    36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
    22" webber
    several burners
    pool/spa (of course)

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post

---TROY--