usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 30

4 members and 26 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default My Next Pellet Pooper?

Don't get me wrong I love my Traeger Yet I made one mistake when I bought it. I didn't buy one big enough. Plus my Traeger hasn't been without its problems. So I hope to have enough saved by the time the warantee runs out.
    I'm really likeing what I see here.
    http://www.greenmountaingrills.com/products/
    And I found this comparison.
    http://www.gmgdist.com/assets/doc/GMGvTraeger.pdf
    I'm looking @ the Jim Bowie model. The Craftmanship on these seem to be far superior than the Traeger.
    I do also like the FEC 1000 But its a bit pricy & there is no dealers in the area so I can't look at one. Plus without seeing one I can't see if its going to have a big enough cook area because of the open area for searing.

No smart a$$ed comments PLEASE!!
    Lou
    I want what your Smoking!!
    GMG Jim Bowie
    Have Traeger will Travel
    1 Yellow Thremapen

Have you looked at these? they look a lot like Traegers to me, but I know Big Al likes his. I also know a few competition cookers that like their tailgate grills. what I have seen looks real well made.

As to the FEC, there is not a pellet cooker out there that is even in the same league. All solid stainless construction, IQ4 digital ( the best) controller, customer service and warranty that is beyond compare.

To quote the president of the company "One thing about us, we don't build no S**t around here, everything we build is thee best it can be built" He speaks the truth.

I have a good friend that can get you a deal if you want one. If you want to see one in person, just go to any decent sized BBQ competition, and you will most likely see a few.

If you choose to buy one, it will be the last pellet smoker you will ever need to buy.

T%Hey are not built for searing though. for my , a good sear needs to be around 800, and I only know of a few pellet cookers that can achieve that or more, and they cost about as much as a smoker.

As to smart a$$ comments, remember Lou, most of the pellet fanatics here enjoy the joking back and forth and don;t take any of it seriously. Nor do those that toss out the barbs.

Actually, I haven't used my traeger for a very long time. I do 99% on the country cooker. Wife will use the traeger couple times a yr when I'm not around, and that is about it.

Take a look at MAK(?), I've heard they are good. Also, look at the new grill/smoker by fast eddies. To get a review check out pellet heads .com

No matter what you get there will be things you really like and things you really don't like. Just how it is, I guess. Good luck.

Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Tim Your right. I do like the FEC 1000? (is that the grill/smoker) And when I do upgrade I do want it to be my last.
    The GMG is a nice product yet it is a glorified Traeger
    I have never been to a compition. I don't even know when or where there's one near Wausau Wi. I guess I'll have to ask around.
    Al
    I am a member of pelletheads.com. Your also right the MAK looks like a fine unit.
    My main concern is service after the sale. I've been VERY satisfied with the service on my Traeger. I've also heard the same from FEC owners.
    Right now I'm looking while I'm saving.
    You know I'll be able to afford the GMG alot sooner than the FEC. Yet in the long run my gut is telling me that I'll probably be happier with the FEC.
    I just have to see one in person.
    Lou
    GMG Jim Bowie
    Have Traeger will Travel
    1 Yellow Thremapen

From everything I have read, the fec(not the grill) is about the best. If I had my "dream" set up it would be the fec ? (costs about 3-3500) up right one and my weber kettle. Don't tell ANYONE about me like'n the kettle! I'll never hear the end of it.

It's a tough choice when they cost so much. But when you do make your choice you'll be happy. Then you'll have to break it in and practice a whole bunch! Thats the best part.

Good luck

Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by silver-bullet View Post
    Tim Your right. I do like the FEC 1000? (is that the grill/smoker) And when I do upgrade I do want it to be my last.
    The GMG is a nice product yet it is a glorified Traeger
    I have never been to a compition. I don't even know when or where there's one near Wausau Wi. I guess I'll have to ask around.
    Al
    I am a member of pelletheads.com. Your also right the MAK looks like a fine unit.
    My main concern is service after the sale. I've been VERY satisfied with the service on my Traeger. I've also heard the same from FEC owners.
    Right now I'm looking while I'm saving.
    You know I'll be able to afford the GMG alot sooner than the FEC. Yet in the long run my gut is telling me that I'll probably be happier with the FEC.
    I just have to see one in person.
    The Fast Eddie's smokers ( FEC) are all strictly smokers, not grills.

Here is a link to the FEC 100 page. they are made from 16 and 18 guage 304 Stainless and have a double wall insulated construction.

Tim
    This is the one I'm talking about the FEC 1000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKfIV0fviSE
    is thes not a grill/smoker?
    Here is the whole thread on the evaluation of this unit?
    http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=2153.0
    I belive you can sear, cook & smoke. Your thoughts on this unit Tim would be greatly appreciated.
    Is this something you could also cook on the top shelf?
    Lou
    GMG Jim Bowie
    Have Traeger will Travel
    1 Yellow Thremapen

Larry is the president of the California BBQ association!
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Quote Originally Posted by silver-bullet View Post
    Tim
    This is the one I'm talking about the FEC 1000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKfIV0fviSE
    is thes not a grill/smoker?
    Here is the whole thread on the evaluation of this unit?
    http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=2153.0
    I belive you can sear, cook & smoke. Your thoughts on this unit Tim would be greatly appreciated.
    Is this something you could also cook on the top shelf?
    Who makes the Lou? I have never heard of them before tonight. The folks at Cookshack make the FEC smokers, but I don;t know about these.

It sure looks like a step up from a Traeger or Louisianna Grill, if for no other reason, if I understand correctly, they are insulated.

How much do they sell for?

Tim
    I thought you may of seen one of these by now. Aren't you a FEC Dealer?
    Its a FEC 1000 here is the page.
    http://www.pelletcooker.com/
    Here are some pics of the painted model.
    http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=2884.0
    I've heard the painted ones go for $1.700 & the stainless steel $2.100.
    Now if I saved for one of these I don't think I'll ever have to buy another grill/smoker. This unit from what I see can do all.
    Lou
    GMG Jim Bowie
    Have Traeger will Travel
    1 Yellow Thremapen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast