usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 36

1 members and 35 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
    swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Kamados the Original Claypot cookers

I've had a Japanese Imperial Kamado for about 15 years now. I found it at a garage sale for $15, the slide draft door was rusted out and for years I used it for a grill. I was at a comp in Seattle a few years back and I saw a guy cooking on a Big Green Egg. I didn't know it at the time but it was Ray Lampe Dr.BBQ! I told him about mine and he took the time to show me how to control the fire and hipped me to the BGE site. I was stoked! I got inspired to refurbish mine with BGE parts and get smokin'! http://imperialkamado.com/i_japaneseKamadoHibachi.htm

The Old and the New! Imperial Kamado Modern Style Large on the left and the Large Big Green Egg on the right.

Since finishing the IK, I've refurbished a few other Chinese clay Kamados and have another restoration coming soon!

It turned out that the comp I attended that DrBBQ helped me get into this hobby, he was cooking with Chris Lilly and Jim Minion that day! I wish I knew at the time!
    Brian

$15.00..what a deal...id love to find a BGE for that price no matter what was wrong with it..great find

I hear about those great deals. NEVER seen one.

Gotta be in the right place at the right time with the money in your pocket.

Maybe the Easter Bunny will leave me a BGE! NOT!
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

What a steal! Congrats on meeting Mr Lampe, and congrats on getting that IK in shape. Those 2 cookers together are an impressive sight.
    Rob - TX Sandman
    Plank Owner, TQJ