» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 32

0 members and 32 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Naked Whiz

Default The Naked Whiz

Any one check this site out, they do a pretty comprehensive review on charcoal both lump & conventional. I use B&B exclusivly, but I see there are quite a few that have a higher rank than the last time I looked.

Check it out........

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumprankpoll.htm
    Yellow Dog BBQ Team
    Gator Predator
    When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

The naked whiz is pretty cool. I've been through it allot and referred it to many.Thanks for posting it here.

I use Ozark Oak. The store I get it from is a small grocery store real close to my house. They always have plenty and carry it year round

About $4 for 10lbs.
    VDS aka "IT"
    Brinkman Smoke N Pit Pitmaster
    Kegerator(retired)
    OUTDOOR GOURMET 11-PIECE COMBO FRYER SET
    KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
    Formaly "The Q Joint" BBQ Team (The Butt Man)
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Facebook

Jeremy

SmokyOkie Guest

I'm w/ G2I on the Ozark oak. I've been using it since before it showed up on the Whiz. If you can't find it under that name, you can get it under th HastyBake name @ specialty stores, also I understand that Best Choice lump is usually Ozark Oak, but is also sometimes that sparky S. American stuff.

If you haven't tried it Horns, you really oughta.

I'll see if I can find it.

When you say specialty stores, do you mean BBQ Outfitters or BBQ Galore?
    Yellow Dog BBQ Team
    Gator Predator
    When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

SmokyOkie Guest

Check here: http://www.hastybake.com/

Or you could call Ozark Oak in Yellville Ark.

It is a great resource.

It is a great place to visit. I can recall the days when I first got involved in BBQ and would spend hrs surfing the net for info. One day my boys(15 and 17 back then) said to my wife, "oh my god mom, dad is on a redneck charcoal site!" it was all funny, and they had their laughs, but I am used to the abuse, but it was kinda funny, as much stink as they made about it, you woulda thought I was on a p o r n site or something.
    I use Royal oak, in the silver, and a chimney full to start the lang, but I don't have alot of choices around here. I was happy to find that the RO was rated pretty decent!
    The voices in my head are
    medicated (legally)

Lang 60 w/warmer
    Bubba-Built UDS

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Dan View Post
    It is a great place to visit. I can recall the days when I first got involved in BBQ and would spend hrs surfing the net for info. One day my boys(15 and 17 back then) said to my wife, "oh my god mom, dad is on a redneck charcoal site!" it was all funny, and they had their laughs, but I am used to the abuse, but it was kinda funny, as much stink as they made about it, you woulda thought I was on a p o r n site or something.
    I use Royal oak, in the silver, and a chimney full to start the lang, but I don't have alot of choices around here. I was happy to find that the RO was rated pretty decent!
    where is "around here"?

I've been usind a 3 kilo bag of Old Mexico Mesquite to fire up Lucille. it takes a bunch of BTU's to heat up all that 1/2" steel.

Michigan my friend, the great white north! My other choices are cowboy(junk) and briquettes, (nearly junk). or wood. We got lots of wood in Mich!
    The voices in my head are
    medicated (legally)

Lang 60 w/warmer
    Bubba-Built UDS

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Dan View Post
    Michigan my friend, the great white north! My other choices are cowboy(junk) and briquettes, (nearly junk). or wood. We got lots of wood in Mich!
    Why not put that in your profile.

You guys have a lot of sugar maple up there don't you? I've heard there's also a lot of cherry. We don't have much cherry down here and virtually no hard maple. I have managed to cabbage onto a couple ricks of cherry though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast