usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 24

7 members and 17 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Show us your knives.

Show us your knives and tell us which ones are best for which purpose and why.

My arsenal:

Most are Dexter-Russell, either Sani-Safe or Sani-Sation handles, unless otherwise mentioned. I like the Sani-Safe handles because they are easy to clean and sterilize, plus I can get different designs or colors for the handles, which helps me spot knives easier.

L-R:
    7" Santuko - My go-to cutting knife. I really like the flatter curve to the blade.
    10" Chef's knife - Works really well for mincing things. Also great for cutting ribs.
    3 general paring knives - The 3 colors help me keep up with which knife was used for veg, meat, etc.
    3 more paring knives - 3 cheapie Wustof giveaway knives. The blades have 3 different shapes: beak, spear point, and clip point. They aren't bad, but I really don't use 'em much. They were a re-gift from my MIL.
    6" wide, stiff boning knife - Used for removing bones and as a smaller utility knife.
    12" scalloped slicer - Perfect for roasts, briskets, or other slicing chores.
    8" bread slicer - This was another gift, unknown vintage. Works great for bread or a sandwich slicer.
    8" Ginsu/Miracle blade knife - It's over 20 years old and still cuts pretty well. It dates back to camping trips with the folks, and my days in college, so it has sentimental value, if nothing else. Never could get those paper-thin tomatoes, though.

The hanger is a magnetic strip from Acemart. It's mounted on the backsplash by my stove. Keeps the blades off counters, where kids crawl, and keeps them within easy reach.
    Rob - TX Sandman
    Plank Owner, TQJ

Nice, Rob. Very nice! I'll try to get a pic of mine soon and post them. This sounds like it may well be a fun thread.
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by TX Sandman View Post
    My arsenal:

Most are Dexter-Russell, either Sani-Safe or Sani-Sation handles, unless otherwise mentioned. I like the Sani-Safe handles because they are easy to clean and sterilize, plus I can get different designs or colors for the handles, which helps me spot knives easier.

L-R:
    7" Santuko - My go-to cutting knife. I really like the flatter curve to the blade.
    10" Chef's knife - Works really well for mincing things. Also great for cutting ribs.
    3 general paring knives - The 3 colors help me keep up with which knife was used for veg, meat, etc.
    3 more paring knives - 3 cheapie Wustof giveaway knives. The blades have 3 different shapes: beak, spear point, and clip point. They aren't bad, but I really don't use 'em much. They were a re-gift from my MIL.
    6" wide, stiff boning knife - Used for removing bones and as a smaller utility knife.
    12" scalloped slicer - Perfect for roasts, briskets, or other slicing chores.
    8" bread slicer - This was another gift, unknown vintage. Works great for bread or a sandwich slicer.
    8" Ginsu/Miracle blade knife - It's over 20 years old and still cuts pretty well. It dates back to camping trips with the folks, and my days in college, so it has sentimental value, if nothing else. Never could get those paper-thin tomatoes, though.

The hanger is a magnetic strip from Acemart. It's mounted on the backsplash by my stove. Keeps the blades off counters, where kids crawl, and keeps them within easy reach.
    If a man's gonna have a boner, yi definitely needs to be stiff, but if its only 6", I wouldn't be advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    If a man's gonna have a boner, yi definitely needs to be stiff, but if its only 6", I wouldn't be advertising it.
    Don't forget, stiff and wide.

Never had any complaints. But then again, when you know how to use it, 6" is plenty to keep 'em happy.
    Rob - TX Sandman
    Plank Owner, TQJ

We also have the magnetic holder (Ikea) above the stove top. It's a great thing.
    Those things work above a workbench too!
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Here is my limited arsenal. My favorite is the little orange paring knife, and the big black Mercer Chef's knive on the right. I add to the arsenal whenever I can afford too!
    Laura

Show us your knives and tell us which ones are best for which purpose and why.
    I hate to pass up on an opportunity to ask this one. What exactly are knoves? What are they used for? I think I have a knoves, but I'm not sure. Should we show pictures of our knoves? Can we really do that here?

Are some peoples knoves bigger than other peoples knoves? Does the size of your knoves really matter or is it the way you use it that counts? Do people blow their knoves or pick their knoves?

Am I going to be in trouble for asking all these questions? Nobody really knoves ...
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Quote Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
    I hate to pass up on an opportunity to ask this one. What exactly are knoves? What are they used for? I think I have a knoves, but I'm not sure. Should we show pictures of our knoves? Can we really do that here?

Are some peoples knoves bigger than other peoples knoves? Does the size of your knoves really matter or is it the way you use it that counts? Do people blow their knoves or pick their knoves?

Am I going to be in trouble for asking all these questions? Nobody really knoves ...
    Learn to spell or use spell check.

Learn to spell or use spell check.
    No fair editing the first post buster... takes away all the fun.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast