usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 23

11 members and 12 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default In memoriam of JamesB

I know that many of you have already posted comments about James.

If you wish, post a memory or two that you have of James or just a comment in this thread that you would like to pass on to his family.

I will go through and print these off first thing Wed morning and we will present the printout to his wife and family.

Apparently Julie and his daughters didnt know about the impact that James had on the online BBQ/Smoking community.

To keep the messages easy to read, please dont quote any message that you are replying to.
    Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com Updated 01/10/10

Midnight Blue Smokers - Ft. Worth, Texas

Q Joint Plank Owner.

James was always quick with a hand or a word of advice. He was an inspiration to me with both his cooking and his personality. It is to my great regret that I didn't manage to meet him in person.

Julie, my deepest sympathies on your loss. Please know you're in the thoughts and prayers of people all over the world.

Shelby, Jamie, I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. He was a good man, and a good friend.
    Last edited by TX Sandman; 12-13-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    Rob - TX Sandman
    Plank Owner, TQJ

To the Bennett family...

I met James online a couple of years ago and belong to a few BBQ related forums that James was a member of as well. I had the privilege of sharing moderator duties with him on the Texas BBQ Forum.

I first met James when several of us invaded the cookout in Lipan earlier this year. Although James was busy with the cooking, he still took the time to make us all feel welcomed. Since then I have met up with James a few other times. I was one of the very lucky ones that knew James personally.

James was a wealth of information and was always willing to show techniques, assist a fellow BBQ'er or just talk BBQ'ing.

The online BBQ'ing community has lost a very respected member and I have lost a friend...
    Chuck

Q Joint Plank Owner.

I am truly saddened by the sudden loss of James. He was an asset to the BBQ Community and will be missed sorely.
    James was the kind of guy who waited in the wings here at The Q Joint and just when you thought that the question you had wouldn't be answered, James was right there with the solution or suggestion.
    I know these next few months will be difficult, but rest assured that James is with the Lord, showing him a thing or two around the cooker. Rest In Peace, James.
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

And if you wish, provide your real name. I will include it as welll as your forum user name.

Example: Chuck Massey (nascarchuck)
    Chuck

Q Joint Plank Owner.