» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 65

0 members and 65 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default EZ Que vs. Weber

I'm thinking about asking Santa for a rotisserie for my 22.5" Weber One Touch Silver. Which is better?
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

SmokyOkie Guest

EZ Que-no contest at all.

Better motor, 304 stainless ring, heavier gauge metal, and the EZque cradle beats a spit all to he!!.

I'm not sure if you need to be a member to read the post. If so some members are having problems with EZ Que. Not getting what they paid for and no replies to email.

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a...23/m/739108522
    Weber 26.75 OTG,Weber 22.5 Blue Performer, Weber 22.5 OTG with Weber Rotisserie, UDS, 18.5 " WSM,Weber Jumbo Joe

John

Thread came through clear for me, and I'm not a member. Doesn't sound like EZ Que is getting the job done.
    Rob - TX Sandman
    Plank Owner, TQJ

SmokyOkie Guest

I tried to call Shane ( EZ Que) yesterday and the phone rang busy all day.

swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

I own both the EZ-Que and Weber rotisserie rings and anyone would be pleased with either one.

The only differences between the two is the EZ-Que is two pieces rolled and formed stainless steel that bolt together to form the ring, the tabs that rest on the kettle are punched, and there are two spit rod cutouts.

Weber on the other hand is a one piece porcelain coated ring with welded tabs and only one cutout and the spit rod is inserted through a hole on the motor mount side. **Advantage EZ-Que, but easily attainable buy making two cuts on each side of the rod hole**

The Cradle vs the Spit Rod and forks- no brainer! **Advantage EZ-Que**

The motors both have plastic gears and the EZ-Que has a Stainless steel housing and IMO I feel the weight ratings of the EZ-Que are overstated.

Weber does not show the rotisserie ring on its Accessories links on their website, and the last time I ordered replacement parts I inquired about it and was told they no longer stock it.

I tried e-mailing and left phone messages to EZ-Que inquiring about the AC/DC motor availability and never got ANY response. I know from the bullet site others have tried to contact them with the same results and others have tried to order with PayPal and have been unsuccessful.

I will say that if you want a ring, keep your eyes peeled on E-bay or Amazon
    and get one any way you can. Hopefully EZ-Que will bounce back or the guys at Cajun Bandit fill the void and market their own. I know B-O-B of Rib-O-Lator fame has some ideas in the works too.

I love rotisserie cooking and even have a dedicated Weber gasser for a cofee roaster.

Thanks for the info.
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Saw some on E-Bay last month. Might give it a try. E.T.
    JennAir-750-0141 ng
    JennAir Rotisserie
    E-Z Que Roto, 8" Basket
    Rib O Lator
    Acu-Rite Digital Probe
    Maverick ET-72 Remote Probe
    Brisket Rack
    Heat Vent Blocks.
    1 1/2"x1 1/2" SS Angle piece,Smoke and Heat control
    Sub Grate Between Burners and Main Grill.
    No Flare Square Ceramic Tiles
    Kiln Shelving dividers
    17"x23" pizza stone

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
    I own both the EZ-Que and Weber rotisserie rings and anyone would be pleased with either one.

The only differences between the two is the EZ-Que is two pieces rolled and formed stainless steel that bolt together to form the ring, the tabs that rest on the kettle are punched, and there are two spit rod cutouts.

Weber on the other hand is a one piece porcelain coated ring with welded tabs and only one cutout and the spit rod is inserted through a hole on the motor mount side. **Advantage EZ-Que, but easily attainable buy making two cuts on each side of the rod hole**

The Cradle vs the Spit Rod and forks- no brainer! **Advantage EZ-Que**

The motors both have plastic gears and the EZ-Que has a Stainless steel housing and IMO I feel the weight ratings of the EZ-Que are overstated.

Weber does not show the rotisserie ring on its Accessories links on their website, and the last time I ordered replacement parts I inquired about it and was told they no longer stock it.

I tried e-mailing and left phone messages to EZ-Que inquiring about the AC/DC motor availability and never got ANY response. I know from the bullet site others have tried to contact them with the same results and others have tried to order with PayPal and have been unsuccessful.

I will say that if you want a ring, keep your eyes peeled on E-bay or Amazon
    and get one any way you can. Hopefully EZ-Que will bounce back or the guys at Cajun Bandit fill the void and market their own. I know B-O-B of Rib-O-Lator fame has some ideas in the works too.

I love rotisserie cooking and even have a dedicated Weber gasser for a cofee roaster.
    Brian, as an owner of an EZ Que, and an ex owner of a weber rotiss, I must say the the motor of the EZ Que is much stronger than the Weber. I also has a slower rotation, which to me is an asset. It is also the quietest rotiss motor in that size range that I have experienced.

swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Brian, as an owner of an EZ Que, and an ex owner of a weber rotiss, I must say the the motor of the EZ Que is much stronger than the Weber. I also has a slower rotation, which to me is an asset. It is also the quietest rotiss motor in that size range that I have experienced.

I won't argue that, but after time, my EZ-Que motor has gotten louder, and has a tendency to develope a "flat spot", where the the cradle tends to drop on the downward stroke of the revolution.

I hope the economy or whatever has taken its toll on EZ-Que turns around and they can get back on track and are able to keep doing what they do best!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast