» Support TQJ
0 members and 40 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Top Poster: PigCicles
Apple Pie on the Grill!
Do it different this Thanksgiving with an Apple Pie on the Grill!
I wanted to post for everyone my apple pie recipe as I've been making it on the grill. Enjoy!
- Use a tart apple. The best apple to use is Granny Smith or other tart apple. You may want to use a little more sugar if using tart apples like Granny Smith. If you do not use tart apples, or if the apples are bland and/or lacking in flavor, sprinkle the sliced apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Preheat the Grill to 350-425F. It is recommended that the grill be setup to cook indirectly. In the case of a gas grill, use all burners to warm up and then switch to burners not directly under food when in use. For charcoal, it is best to pile coals to one side and possibly use a basket or bricks to keep the pile in order.
- Line a 9-inch high heat glass or stone pie pan with pie dough. Pare, core and thinly slice 6 cups fresh or frozen apples
- Combine and sift over the apples: 1 cup of sugar, 1 TBS flour, Lemon juice from 1/2 fresh lemon. and a pinch of salt.
- Stir the apples gently until they are well coated. Place them in layers in the pie shell. Dot with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter Cover the pie with a pricked upper crust. Brush the top of the pie crust with milk. Sprinkle with white sugar before baking. Bake in 350-425F grill until done, 45 to 65 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest for 30 min. Serve hot or chilled!
Wow, that looks good, Brian!
That is beautiful!
Pass the ice cream.
18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
22.5 Weber One Touch
Just got this year's apple pie off the grill!
I'll warm it up tomorrow for serving. Thanks!
I dunno.......Yeah, I'd prolly eat that Brian!
do you think Dorothy would allow that?
Y'know, my wife was just bugging me about "You'd cook a pie on the grill if you had a chance." Beautiful pics, and perfect timing, y'all. Thanks.
Rob - TX Sandman
Plank Owner, TQJ
By cowgirl in forum Desserts
Last Post: 10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
By the_selling_blues_man in forum Charcoal/Wood offsets
Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM
By donnylove in forum Charcoal Grills
Last Post: 03-08-2009, 04:30 PM
By okie joe in forum Sausage
Last Post: 01-17-2009, 04:27 PM