Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 21

6 members and 15 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Hybrid View

h20loo is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket h20loo is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Fire in the hole

Argued a little with the wife over "putting stuff away", fought with my son to get him up for College, got a call from my other son that someone backed into his new GTI- all this before 7:30 am.
    When everything else is kicking you in the shorts you have to turn to something that doesn't give you grief. So at 8:05 I lit my UDS and 20 minutes later its dialed in at 210. I have a bag of halapeno peppers that I'm going to smoke and dehydrate for use over the winter, and when I come home at lunch I'll make up some ABTs and I always wanted to smoke a Spam. I hope they sell them here. I have a real craving for a steak sandwich(Cowgirl recipe) so I better go mix up the dough so its ready.
    Man that smokin barrel smells sweet!!

We all ave days like that I hope that you and the wife put it to rest,tell sleepy head to get an alarm clock then super glue it down across the room so he actually has to get up to turn it off, advise the other one to park where it is incovient then he won't get the sheet metal dinged.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

h20loo is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket h20loo is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL- ya pretty much. My wifes pretty cool to put up with me i think. Sleepy head doesn't have his degree yet so it would be expecting too much to set an alarm! The GTI is a p*** off because he has to park in the office parking lot and he thought he was safe parking in an angled corner. But, I guess not because the bosses daughter backed over curb and grass and pushed his car sideways.The boss is a big Audi/VW fan and was more upset about the GTI then Wes- or maybe embarassed. The good thing is the door skins are just bolted on so it should be an easy fix.

When life deals you lemons you make lemonaide or fire up the old smoker and drown your sorrows in SMOKE. Being a Pork-A-Holic I am good at burying myself in self indulgence.
    A WORD to the WISE is not necessary....It's the STUPID ones that need advice............
    Brain cells come and brain cells go but FAT cells live forever!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....It's about learning to dance in the rain.

TEC/CharBroil Infrared 5 burner w/ sideburner
    UDS Modifications. A Beauty
    Aussie 2 burner propane w/ side burner (Lake)
    Modified Smoke Cube (Lake)
    Modified ECB Propane Water Smoker (Lake)

Sounds like a crappy start but a fine save for the day. Get some pix if you can and enjoy the smoke. If you MUST, then put some things away, otherwise get lost in the smoke.

BTW - Ice water works wonders for getting the message across that you're tired of battling them to get em up. (experience talking) From then on even a whisper of getting the ice water gets em moving. Crude and rude way to do business but hey - it works and it's less stress for you.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

I'm going to try some Spam shortly. I've never had it before probably because I had to pay over $4 for that tin and good fresh pork is going cheaper than that!