» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 57

0 members and 57 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinOkie View Post
    Yeah, it took a while to get out, I told FE not to even talk about them until after the first run. In reality I had the same concern about the size of the direct vs. indirect but... When you look above and see the oven temp is 600 and I'm doing 500 degrees on the indirect, I don't think the size of the direct is an issue UNLESS you're cooking a bunch that way. For direct, yes it's a small space, but I'm a fan of get a crust on the steak and finish indirect (similar to how chefs get a crust and finish in an oven).

For me, this is a grill only, I won't really use it as a smoker as I have an FE for that. I've done ABT's, hot dogs, pizza, chicken, pork loin all for grilling and the family all mention they notice a flavor difference (heck, that's something, they just let me do the cooking, they don't probably know which one I'm cooking on.

As for the FE. I run the CS forum and they sponsor me on the circuit, so I do have a few FE's. Well actually I have 3 of them (sold one) two are Boomer & Sooner:

I had CS powdercoat them and have a reverse door and these are in my comp trailer. Man, they just wipe down, that Powdercoat is WAY easier to clean.

I have an old traeger style controller on the one at home.

Smokin'
    Damn Russ, I was gonna comp cook with you till I saw that fec 100 but crap i'm a biggot and not a pellet biggot.

Go Pokes
    Casual and Competitive Cooking
    Traeger 124 (sold)
    Backwoods Ext Party Rolling on 10's (sold)
    Original Oklahoma Joes 20" with Vertical Chamber
    Weber Genesis gasser
    Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5
    PS custom
    http://www.partyshacksmokers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Partyshack BBQ View Post
    Damn Russ, I was gonna comp cook with you till I saw that fec 100 but crap i'm a biggot and not a pellet biggot.

Go Pokes
    Actually I have two that sit on the back of the trailer, so they REALLY show up with all that red at Oklahoma contests.

Tim, I named them this year and in big black letters one says BOOMER and other says SOONER.

Russ

SMOKYOKIE: Your wife is one very lucky wife and she must be V E R Y , V E R Y hungry if all of those ABT's are for her birthday. Fantastic looking grill and I love the heat that that baby generates. It is said that my TEC/CharBroil 4 burner will get up to 800 or 900 but I am not convinced but it will put a great sear on a ribeye. I am sure that you remind her of how lucky she is all of the time. GREAT EQUIPMENT.
    A WORD to the WISE is not necessary....It's the STUPID ones that need advice............
    Brain cells come and brain cells go but FAT cells live forever!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....It's about learning to dance in the rain.

TEC/CharBroil Infrared 5 burner w/ sideburner
    UDS Modifications. A Beauty
    Aussie 2 burner propane w/ side burner (Lake)
    Modified Smoke Cube (Lake)
    Modified ECB Propane Water Smoker (Lake)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2