Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 30

8 members and 22 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Enjoyed the company Friday night, see you in Ponca City.
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

Quote Originally Posted by ButcherBBQ View Post
    Well we were stoked about this cookoff, I showed up just before noon. After showing up I spent a few minutes getting my site set up got the electric plugged in and noticed no power. One hour later we figured out it was my plug not their electric. Got everything injected, spiced, and rubbed. Sat around with some great weather, met some new friends even had time that night to sit around with Butt Lovers team (I got a chance to taste there rub, so now I have there secrets). The next day everything is going like clock work. We love out chicken end up 12th only 10 points out of 1st, ribs come out and wow get a 10th call, pork was off the hook ended up 11th (oh well thats there opinion) great box and the flavor was so large I think it was so rich it scared them, brisket was great ended up 3rd. Overall we landed in 8th overall. This won't help us with the TOTY points. Well the briskets will give us about 50 points more than what we had after we drop one.
    A mutual friend once told me that you should always hate your turn in.

I'm becoming more of a believer all the time.

Thanx for sharing David.

Quote Originally Posted by Butt Lover's View Post
    Enjoyed the company Friday night, see you in Ponca City.
    How'd you make out Mike?

Back from Bedford Sunday night. This was a little different doing a Sat-Sun contest. I think I like the Fri-Sat contest and then get some rest before returning to work on Monday, anyway thats another thread subject. We went down Friday night and stayed at a Hampton In Ft Worth got up Saturday morning and drove on into the site. We got set up every thing prepped and got settled in for the night. The contest was held in conjunction with a large blues festival. Great music to listen to. We had a great group of people beside us from Florida, he was originally from Bedford and came back for the contest and is getting married today. The cooking went off like clock work except chicken, it took a little longer than we expected. We got 6th in ribs, 6th in pork, 12 in chicken, 4th in brisket, and 3rd overall. I will post our new KCBS standings after they come up.
    Next week we will be in Park City Kansas. We haven't done good in Kansas but we keep trying.

Nice contest David. Some big names there, you and the other Okies represented well!
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

Keep it up David. You'll get the KS thing down.

Well its late Sunday night and I'm slow getting this typed out this weekend. After getting home Saturday night I had to get up at 5 am Sunday and head to Tulsa fair grounds for the World Miniature Horse show. The wife does this ( after this show we might be having a Friday night feast in Ponca). Any way had some bad weather just rain and not bad till we were on the road. The cooking was uneventful except when the electric cord melted in a glob of plastic at around 10 am Saturday, thats not the worst of it during my brisket prep for turn in about 6 outlets went out and we all lost electric. Oh well so much for the drama, we had a good cook received Reserve grand for overall, 1st in chicken, 7th in ribs, 9th in pork, and 7th in brisket.

Congratulations
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Quote Originally Posted by ButcherBBQ View Post
    Well its late Sunday night and I'm slow getting this typed out this weekend. After getting home Saturday night I had to get up at 5 am Sunday and head to Tulsa fair grounds for the World Miniature Horse show. The wife does this ( after this show we might be having a Friday night feast in Ponca). Any way had some bad weather just rain and not bad till we were on the road. The cooking was uneventful except when the electric cord melted in a glob of plastic at around 10 am Saturday, thats not the worst of it during my brisket prep for turn in about 6 outlets went out and we all lost electric. Oh well so much for the drama, we had a good cook received Reserve grand for overall, 1st in chicken, 7th in ribs, 9th in pork, and 7th in brisket.
    Congrats! Where were you cooking?

See ya at Ponca Friday. What's this about a feast?

Congratulations on your cook, great job!
    Steve

1-UDS
    1-Homemade stickburner/ Buela

Congrats on another good contest David, see you this Friday!
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast