usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 121

3 members and 118 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    I have owned a few Webers and at one time, I would've said the same in regard to having but one piece of outdoor cooking equipment, but then I found Hasty Bake.

I currently have 2 Smoky Joe Platinums (18"), and a 22 1/2" WSM, but I never use them.

I use the Hasty Bake more often than anything, then the drum for quick smokes, and the Backwoods or Lucille for real smokes.

Actually, the Backwoods is so handy that I only fire up Lucille when I have more to cook than the Backwoods can handle.

While the Kettle is definitely an icon in outdoor cookery, there are also several of us still around that cut their eye teeth well before the Weber became popular.

Don't date yourself Tim

The weber made it possible for bumbling fools like myself to put out some decent food at an affordable price.While the hasty bake and backwoods are competition class cookers and worthy of all the accolades they are due I don't feel they are entry level cookers for the average person getting into Grilling and BBq.

I don't think I could ever go back to just one.It is Not enough fun!
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Quote Originally Posted by californiasmokin View Post
    Don't date yourself Tim

The weber made it possible for bumbling fools like myself to put out some decent food at an affordable price.While the hasty bake and backwoods are competition class cookers and worthy of all the accolades they are due I don't feel they are entry level cookers for the average person getting into Grilling and BBq.

I don't think I could ever go back to just one.It is Not enough fun!

The Backwoods is definitely competition grade equipment. the Hasty Bake, while that type of quality, is really more of a backyard cooker.

Granted, it is nowhere near as inexpensive as a Weber ($700 vs $85), but it's simplicity of use is such that any novice can use one, and with more ease than a kettle. It is a good deal more versatile than as kettle as well. That's why I say that if I were to have only one piece of outdoor cooking equipment, it would have to be a Hasty Bake.

You know, I remember back when folks talked about the Weber and said that "They are nice, but $40 is way too much to spend on a grill."

I need to see a pic of your Hasty Bake. I may know what it is, but called it something else. I've had three webbers and a cast aluminum grill. They are not as much fun any more.
    Oscar

3 UDS, Treager pellet pooper

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzards Roost View Post
    I need to see a pic of your Hasty Bake. I may know what it is, but called it something else. I've had three webbers and a cast aluminum grill. They are not as much fun any more.

Here you go Oscar my friend!

http://www.hastybake.com/
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Nope never owned one of thoughs. Just might have to check that out. I bought a royal oak electric smoker at a garage sale the other day for $25 bucks. Had been used once. Looks like new, don't know what I'm going to do with it, just couldn't pass it up for that price.
    Oscar

3 UDS, Treager pellet pooper

Thanx for the help in my absence Paul.

Buzz, you really have to see one in person in order to understand how well made they are.

Given their price, you would want to check one out well before you bought one. If you ever see one at a garage sale or such that's in good shape for less than $200, buy it and if you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands.

hmmm Q for thought
    Life @ Home Party Grill
    Char.broil smoker with side fire box
    Grand Cafe Model CG108ALP Out Door Kitchen
    Bradley Smoker
    probally every acces. and gadget known to man
    Fat Family BBQ Team Banner

h20loo is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket h20loo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just looking for '60s charcoal BBcues to see if I could find a picture of our families first grill. It must have been a Weber knockoff as it was 23" round(I came across the grill in my dads garage) but was not deep like a weber. It also had a hood with a warming drawer and was copper tone brown. I remember pumping the lighter fluid to it by the gallon.
    I have never obtained the economic status to buy a Weber- looked at them many times but never could justify a new one.
    This might be of interest to someone-http://omaha.craigslist.org/hsh/1331622792.html If I were close I would have it!!!LOL!
    Found a picture- wow this takes me back!
    Last edited by h20loo; 08-26-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Wow! That is a great price on a very nice cooker!
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by h20loo View Post
    I was just looking for '60s charcoal BBcues to see if I could find a picture of our families first grill. It must have been a Weber knockoff as it was 23" round(I came across the grill in my dads garage) but was not deep like a weber. It also had a hood with a warming drawer and was copper tone brown. I remember pumping the lighter fluid to it by the gallon.
    I have never obtained the economic status to buy a Weber- looked at them many times but never could justify a new one.
    This might be of interest to someone-http://omaha.craigslist.org/hsh/1331622792.html If I were close I would have it!!!LOL!
    Found a picture- wow this takes me back!
    My grandfather had a grill about like that I believe from Sears or Montgomery Ward. It was yellow though and had the warmer up top and a round grate that he always kept moving over the fire in the back. He got it in the late 60's or early 70's. It was still in use when he passed away a few years back. It never sat with dead coals and he swore by using sand under the coals - apparently can't argue with that.

Thanks for the flash back.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast