Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 170

3 members and 167 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Where we all started.

I Really like it here at TQJ.There is a lot of great folks with lot of BBQ savvy, however there is something missing. A legend, an icon, and probably the single most important part of the BBQ culture since man first discovered that fire and meat go together.A piece of history that most of us take for granted and where 90% of us made our bones. The "Weber 22.5" kettle" Many a beer has been drank and many a steak properly kissed by flame in front of this alter. I LOVE my Weber. If I could have but one piece in the stable it would be the Weber. Long smokes or burgers and bratts it handles it all.Eggs and Drums have there own place lets give a little place for the king. Show your support heres mine.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

I do love my Weber Kettle and she loves me.We have been very happy all these years.Until I found this website called the Q Joint.And now I am never satisfied with anything.Always on a quest for better cookers and better food,Go ahead take a picture. Next thing you know you are flying to oklahoma.
    She is the Gateway drug to my Addiction
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Ya know, I've never actually had a true Weber. I currently have (and hardly use) a Uni-Flame knock off which is needing a leg repaired now. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll find a deal or just break down and just get a true Weber.

But yes I agree, we all have started with the grill and progressed deeply into the addiction of BBQ.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

This is amazing, I was just going to start a Weber thread. I tried to do a pork tenderloin on my new drum and, you know what, drum cant do it right...along with anything else needing a sear and a rare inside. Don't get me wrong, I love my drum, but I sort of feel like that SC Gov. Mark Sanford...my Weber is like my wife, that I know so well and am trying to fall back in love with, but I have my drum, who is my little hottie Latino S. American "soul mate". The point is cookers are like women...you shouldn't have to have just one
    Last edited by GrillDaddy; 08-20-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    Brent
    Weber 22.5 One Touch Gold, 18.5 One Touch Silver, 2x5 commercial charcoal grill, Ugly Drum Smoker "Black Betty" wamba lam

Definatly one for the Q Hall of Fame
    Lou
    I want what your Smoking!!
    GMG Jim Bowie
    Have Traeger will Travel
    1 Yellow Thremapen

Quote Originally Posted by GrillDaddy View Post
    This is amazing, I was just going to start a Weber thread. I tried to do a pork tenderloin on my new drum and, you know what, drum cant do it right...along with anything else needing a sear and a rare inside. Don't get me wrong, I love my drum, but I sort of feel like that SC Gov. Mark Sanford...my Weber is like my wife, that I know so well and am trying to fall back in love with, but I have my drum, who is my little hottie Latino S. American "soul mate". The point is cookers are like women...you shouldn't have to have just one

The Weber kettle.......what a good pal it's been over the years (I've had three since I started grillin' and chillin' as a sophomore in college - '91).

How many steaks, chickens and pork loins have I cooked on the Weber? Enough to keep me "big boned", ha! Only recently did I figure out that lump is the way to go.....

Dare I say it, but my previous One Touch did get contaminated with some Match Light. Thank god that was in the '90s and I've learned my lesson.

BTW, I finished my drum tonight, gonna start the seasoning burn in the AM, and hopefully do a test run tomorrow afternoon with some fattys and some wings.

Butts and ribs on Saturday!

I'm like a kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.
    55 gal UDS - now complete!
    Weber One Touch Silver 22.5
    Weber Genesis Silver B Gasser
    Bayou Classic Fryer
    Various Lodge CI

"I'm not fat, I'm festively plump..."

I, nor my parents, have ever had one. I thought about getting one this fall, cheaper(?), seasoning it, use it a couple times to get a "know how" and then give it to my parents and teach them how to use it. They were talk'n about getting one, but I doubt they will.

The "bbq pit boys" at bbqweb sure like theirs.

Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I don't have, or have I ever owned a large Weber Kettle...I do have the Smokey Joe for smaller cooks....Streaks and whatnot. I'd like to get a larger kettle someday, but I'm set for now.
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

Never owned a Weber. I do have an antique Buddy L cast aluminum grill that is similar, had it since the early 70's. It still cooks just fine, the cast aluminum is the ticket.
    Sorta lost it's looks over the years. And it is avacado green.

Pic before it's last resurection last spring -

"If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

I have owned a few Webers and at one time, I would've said the same in regard to having but one piece of outdoor cooking equipment, but then I found Hasty Bake.

I currently have 2 Smoky Joe Platinums (18"), and a 22 1/2" WSM, but I never use them.

I use the Hasty Bake more often than anything, then the drum for quick smokes, and the Backwoods or Lucille for real smokes.

Actually, the Backwoods is so handy that I only fire up Lucille when I have more to cook than the Backwoods can handle.

While the Kettle is definitely an icon in outdoor cookery, there are also several of us still around that cut their eye teeth well before the Weber became popular.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast