Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 24

4 members and 20 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Posts: 157,535
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California, United States
    Posts
    5,356

    Default Fire In The Hole!!!!

    Knocked the big chunks off and sprayed her down with Pam.







    That Red Oak smells great!




    Gonna take a shower and head to the store


    Paul

    CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ruskin, FL
    Posts
    6,290

    Default

    Man, I hope your not setting yourself up for disappointment, Paul....sux to get used to something only to have it taken away. Maybe he'll sell it to you. Cheap....
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California, United States
    Posts
    5,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joneser View Post
    Man, I hope your not setting yourself up for disappointment, Paul....sux to get used to something only to have it taken away. Maybe he'll sell it to you. Cheap....

    Thanks Brian,
    I know it just for the short term.I am looking at it as a opportunity that I might not of had otherwise.I am thankful he is letting me play with her.If I should decide I can't do without one well, I will just have to start hunting down materials
    Paul

    CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    25 miles SE from Raleigh NC
    Posts
    150

    Default

    cool looking smoker first one I've seen like that.
    chargriller
    phoenix ss gas
    home made gas pig cooker
    weber
    2 uds

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quincy, IL
    Posts
    234

    Default

    That thing is sweet!!! Looks awesome on the patio.
    Is it wrong to want a beer at 6 am when I fire up the smoker?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas Hill country
    Posts
    3,030

    Default

    That is a very cool looking pit Interestig design. How enen is the heat with the position of the fire box?
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    *
    *
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californiasmokin View Post
    Thanks Brian,
    I know it just for the short term.I am looking at it as a opportunity that I might not of had otherwise.I am thankful he is letting me play with her.If I should decide I can't do without one well, I will just have to start hunting down materials
    Well Paul, check me on this. It is on your property, right?

    then he woouold have to trespass to get at it, right........

    I'm just sayin storage fees can get expensive.

    When he sees how good the Q is with you as the pitmeister, he won't want to take it back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Well Paul, check me on this. It is on your property, right?

    then he woouold have to trespass to get at it, right........

    I'm just sayin storage fees can get expensive.

    When he sees how good the Q is with you as the pitmeister, he won't want to take it back.

    Well, chit. It's gonna cost me a fortune to get my stainless steel expanded metal back!









    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BA_LoKo View Post
    Well, chit. It's gonna cost me a fortune to get my stainless steel expanded metal back!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California, United States
    Posts
    5,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluDawg View Post
    That is a very cool looking pit Interestig design. How enen is the heat with the position of the fire box?
    I haven't checked it yet.Today is the first time I fired her up.I asked him a while back and I thought he said about 15 degrees.I know that is wrong cause I threw some Linguica on and it was real hot near the fire box.Asked him again today and he said he thought about 60 degrees.His friend from Texas is coming up soon and he will ask him for advice on what improvements he will do to it as he has built quite a few with this design.









    Paul

    CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. the Geek with Fire Command Center...
    By Geek with Fire in forum Smokin Tech Style
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. Spicewine fire grate and maze
    By BYBBQ in forum Insulated Charcoal/Wood Smokers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
  3. Round or Square Offset Fire Box
    By Joe BBQ in forum Charcoal/Wood offsets
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 10:52 PM
  4. Two butts roasting on an open fire
    By SmokyOkie in forum Pork
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
  5. Ribeyes roasting on an open fire ...
    By TX Sandman in forum Beef
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1