» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 45

0 members and 45 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Chicago in the Springtime

My Wife Kelli and I along with another couple went to Chicago this past weekend just to hang out. We went in Feburary, but it was a day trip and we didn't quite get enough in in that time. Those of you who have been there know this.
    Now on to the picture tour.
    This is kinda blurry, but it was our view from the 10th floor of the Courtyard on Hubbard, just North of the Chicago River.

The Lucky Lady...just below our room. Didn't go there, but I thought it was a cool pic.

Marina Towers....Some of you may remember them from the Steve McQueen movie "The Hunter"

The Bean

This thing is HUGE! Us being silly

The Trump Tower...A friend worked on the crew that installed the elevators in the Trump.

Odd sculpture at Millennium Park

Closeup of the Boar

And the Car monster

The mother of all foil balls...

The Chicago Theatre

High Atop the Sears Tower

I'll post some pix of the place we had lunch on Sunday in another thread...
    Thanks for looking...
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

Dude, you were like 2 minutes from my office!!
    Bill-Chicago

WSM, Bandera, Kettle, ECB, Kenmore Gasser 36qt Turkey Fryer

My hands are getting sweaty just looking at that pic from the Sears tower!
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

Quote Originally Posted by Willkat98 View Post
    Dude, you were like 2 minutes from my office!!
    Where, my hotel? That would be an awesome spot for an office....do you know sam the bum that lives under the bridge on hubbard? LMAO! He wanted me to buy him a sammie from 7-11....right....
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joneser View Post
    My Wife Kelli and I along with another couple went to Chicago this past weekend just to hang out. We went in Feburary, but it was a day trip and we didn't quite get enough in in that time. Those of you who have been there know this.
    Now on to the picture tour.
    This is kinda blurry, but it was our view from the 10th floor of the Courtyard on Hubbard, just North of the Chicago River.

The Lucky Lady...just below our room. Didn't go there, but I thought it was a cool pic.

Marina Towers....Some of you may remember them from the Steve McQueen movie "The Hunter"

I'm testing my memory. It's been about 35 years, but aren't the marina Towers just off Lakeshore drive just as you're coming in to the loop from the south?

The Bean

This thing is HUGE! Us being silly

Who's the nice lookin' lady with the nerdy lookin' guy?

The Trump Tower...A friend worked on the crew that installed the elevators in the Trump.

Odd sculpture at Millennium Park

Please note the direction the bottom fellow has his nose turned.
    I'm with Mike on the sweaty palms. that and the jelly knees.

Joneser - Great pics. I had an appt near the trump tower (before it went up) for most of 2004. In general, just a great location. Of course, I was working most of the time and did not enjoy it much.
    Glen
    Large Charcoal Vertical & UDS
    Blue Thermopen
    www.coltecconsulting.com

I'm testing my memory. It's been about 35 years, but aren't the marina Towers just off Lakeshore drive just as you're coming in to the loop from the south?
    The Towers are right on the river just on the other side of Wacker. I think it's right on State, if I'm not mistaken. Quite a few blocks from LSD.
    Who's the nice lookin' lady with the nerdy lookin' guy?
    That would be Mrs. Joneser. Kelli. You'll meet here at the Gathering in Valpo. She's quite a character.
    I'm with Mike on the sweaty palms. that and the jelly knees.
    Yeah, it was really warm up there and I could feel sweat forming on my legs....I don't do heights well, but that wasn't really too bad.
    We have a friend with a condo on McClurg that looks out over Navy Pier from very high up, I can't remember what floor 60 something, I think...maybe less. I was ushered out onto the balcony once at night and I thought I was going to throw up. Whenever I think about it, I can feel the falling sensation in my belly....those who don't like heights will know that feeling.
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joneser View Post
    The Towers are right on the river just on the other side of Wacker. I think it's right on State, if I'm not mistaken. Quite a few blocks from LSD.

Wouldn't you b looking at them as you were driving north into the loop area? That seems to be the way I remember it. Ia few blocks isn't much when looking at buildings that big.

That would be Mrs. Joneser. Kelli. You'll meet here at the Gathering in Valpo. She's quite a character.

Yeah, it was really warm up there and I could feel sweat forming on my legs....I don't do heights well, but that wasn't really too bad.
    We have a friend with a condo on McClurg that looks out over Navy Pier from very high up, I can't remember what floor 60 something, I think...maybe less. I was ushered out onto the balcony once at night and I thought I was going to throw up. Whenever I think about it, I can feel the falling sensation in my belly....those who don't like heights will know that feeling.
    You get the jelly knees along with it? I do. I couldn't even walk down the mule trail at the Grand Canyon.

Funny thing is that when I was in my early 20s, I worked construction on a power plant job and frequently walked 4" beams with nuthin but 250' of air under my narrow butt.

I get the jelly knees when I look straight down....not so much looking out and focusing on something in the distance. But for sure, the open air no matter what gives me the Jelly Knees....
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    You get the jelly knees along with it? I do. I couldn't even walk down the mule trail at the Grand Canyon.

Funny thing is that when I was in my early 20s, I worked construction on a power plant job and frequently walked 4" beams with nuthin but 250' of air under my narrow butt.

Opportunity knocks........ but.... ain't goin' there.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast