» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 38

0 members and 38 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie

Default Smokin' in the Ozarks!

Smokin' in the Ozarks! Press Release: HomeAid NWA For More Information contact: Mike Maloney at 479-248-1722 or
    mike@maloney.net or shelter@homeaidnwa.com

HomeAid NWA Brings KCBS Event to Northwest Arkansas
    March, 2009-Rogers, Arkansas. HomeAid NWA is bringing a Kansas City Barbeque Society cook off to Rogers on May 1, and 2nd. The event will be the first KCBS event held in the region in several years.
    HomeAid NWA is a non-profit organization that builds dignified transitional housing for the homeless. HomeAid nationally has nearly 30 chapters across the United States. HomeAid NWA is approximately 3 years old and began its first project with a new building at the Childen's Advocacy Center in Little Flock. This year, HomeAid is working again with the Children's Advocacy Center as well as 7 Hill Homeless Shelter in Fayetteville.
    HomeAid NWA is expecting nearly 50 teams from the region to compete in 4 categories: chicken, barbeque ribs, pulled pork or pork roast and beef brisket. Competitors will be cooking for cash prices up to $5,000. Over 50 KCBS certified judges will be responsible for selecting the best tasting barbeque. Judging will occur on Saturday, May 2 starting at 12 Noon.
    The event will be held at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, located in the Scottsdale Center, just adjacent to I-540 in Rogers. Plenty of room has been designated by HomeAid to accommodate the cookers plus the RV's that are typically used by out of town chefs. Reservations can be made at a discounted rate to both the Fairfield Inn And Suites as well as the neighboring Marriott Residence Inn by contacting Debi Barnes, at 479-636-5900 or via email at debrab@intermtn.biz. The physical location of the facility is 4611 Rozell Street in Rogers, Arkansas. Those wishing to take advantage of the group rate should use the code: KCBS
    Kansas City Barbeque Society rules and regulations will be used. Be sure to note the changes in this year's rules, as many contestants will have cooked in other venues. The grounds will open at 12 Noon on Friday, May 1. A Cook's Dinner will be held at 6PM followed by a Cook's Meeting at 7:00PM on Friday, May 1.
    Judges for the event are still needed and can contact Mike Maloney at shelter@homeaidnwa.com or mike@maloney.net to reserve a judging spot.
    Cookers are also needed and teams can reserve their spots via the online PDF which can be mailed or teams can register on-line via a secure Pay Pal connection. Cost of booths is $150 and booth sizes are 20 x 20'. There are some large spaces at 20 x 35' available but are first come first served. There will be no cost difference in the large booths, but need to be reserved quickly. Registration AFTER April 15 will be $175, so cooks are advised to register as quickly as possible.
    Cookers will need to supply their own meat, charcoal, wood and electricity. Approved generators will be allowed on the grounds.
    Current sponsors include Sam's Club, Nunnally Chevrolet, Allegra Printing and Imaging, Red Ball Productions, the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, Maloney Marketing Group, Bank of the Ozarks, and the Cumulus Broadcasting Company.
    Several bands will play on Saturday morning May 2 and the general public will have an opportunity to tour and taste some incredible barbeque on Saturday morning and afternoon. Judging will start and 12 Noon and prizes will be awarded at approximately 3:30 on Saturday afternoon.
    Complete information about the KCBS event, rules and regulations are available at www.homeaidnwa.com, plus information about HomeAid NWA at its work in northwest Arkansas.

448 West Wallis Rd.
    Cave Springs, AR 72718
    Phone: 479-248-1722
    Fax: 479-248-6620 shelter@homeaidnwa.com
    www.homeaidnwa.com
    This email was sent to oscarsroost@yahoo.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove.

Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.

email marketing by Maloney Marketing Group
    Oscar

3 UDS, Treager pellet pooper

Are you enetering, Buzz?
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

Nope. Judging. They do need more teams to competition. I don't have it together enough to compete.
    Oscar

SmokyOkie Guest

I'll be in Argentina that weekend. The rest of the team may want to compete, but I doubt it cuz we got back to back comps the next 2 weekends. You coming to the Claremore Boots and BBQ comp two weeks after that?

I really like Cave Springs. I used to take the kids there trout fishing, and I would go there just to practice my fly technique.

Where do they have the comp?

In Rogers. Right by I540.
    Oscar

SmokyOkie Guest

Oh, I read Cave Springs in the address and thought the comp was going to be there.