» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 29

0 members and 29 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SmokyOkie Guest

Default Bixby BBQ and Music Festival 09

Just got an email and here's who's on line so far for the May 8-9 comp.

There are a few names to beat there.

3 Guys Smokin'; Back Yard Pigs; Bedlam BBQ; Biggen Horny BBQ; Blaster BBQ; Blind Dawgs Smokin'; B-Man's BBQ Team; Boys Can Smoke; Brew BBQ; Brewers Smokin' & Chokin' BBQ; Brunson's BabarQ; Bubba-Q-Boys; Buccaneers of Boarbque; Butcher BBQ; Buzzard Bait BBQ; Camping Crew BBQ; Charcoholics; Chuck Wagon Gang; Cody's Construction Crew BBQ; Cookin' Smokin' BBQ; Cook's N Hill's; Cosmic Cooks; Cowboy Barbeque; Cowboy Cookers; Deep Fork BBQ; Dirty Sanchez Cue & Brue Cue; Feeding Frenzy BBQ; Fire Stokers; Flying 'F' Ranch; Hot Wire BBQ; Iron Wheel Cookers; Jake's Place; Jeannete Gibbs; Jug Tavern BBQ; Jungle Jeems Pig Posse; Key Midwest BBQ; Kick Ash BBQ; Limo B' Cue Crew; Lisa Hays; Little Pig Town BBQ; Lynn Pike; Meat Puppets; Men On Fire BBQ; Moonlight Meat Rubbers; My Brothers BBQ Team; Nothing Butt Barbeque; OCE Smokin' Fire; One Smokin' Grill; OsoSlowBBQ; R & B Smokin' the Blues; R BBQ; Ritter's BBQ; Riverview Baptist Church; Royal Oak; Sa-Mokin; Second Hand Smokers; Sigma Smokers; Silverado Smokers; Smoke Busters; Smoke Ridge Boys; Smoke This; Smoker's Gone Wild; Smokin' Bones; Smokin Pokes; Stonebridge BBQ; Stu's Q BBQ; Sunrise BBQ; Sunset BBQ @ Grilling; Team Premier; The Q Joint; The Smokedelics; Three Crosses BBQ; Turnin 'n' Burnin; Twin Oak; Uncle BC's BBQ; Whizbang BBQ; Wilcat Smokers

LMAO @ "Dirty Sanchez"
    Looks like quite a field of competition there....
    Best of luck, Guys!
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

I got this note below back Dennis the Bixby organizer when I asked if he had enough judges and said I could reach out to folks here at TQJ in case others might want to and be able to help: (I am going to help Smoky's Okie's team where/how I can)

Yes if you don’t mind, I am up to 65 all certified judges right now so I will continue to look mainly for certified until May 1st then I open it up to any one. So by all means put the word out if you think you know some people that would be interested.

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis can be reached at: bixbybbq@hotmail.com If you are interested and can help.
    Glen
    Large Charcoal Vertical & UDS
    Blue Thermopen
    www.coltecconsulting.com

What are the dates on this BBQ ?? just found them sorry.
    Oscar

3 UDS, Treager pellet pooper

Quote Originally Posted by Joneser View Post
    LMAO @ "Dirty Sanchez"
    Looks like quite a field of competition there....
    Best of luck, Guys!

and dirty sanchez is as raunchy as their name implies. They are on probabtion from a ban currently.
    Last edited by Partyshack BBQ; 04-03-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Casual and Competitive Cooking
    Traeger 124 (sold)
    Backwoods Ext Party Rolling on 10's (sold)
    Original Oklahoma Joes 20" with Vertical Chamber
    Weber Genesis gasser
    Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5
    PS custom
    http://www.partyshacksmokers.com

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Just got an email and here's who's on line so far for the May 8-9 comp.

There are a few names to beat there.

3 Guys Smokin'; Back Yard Pigs; Bedlam BBQ; Biggen Horny BBQ; Blaster BBQ; Blind Dawgs Smokin'; B-Man's BBQ Team; Boys Can Smoke; Brew BBQ; Brewers Smokin' & Chokin' BBQ; Brunson's BabarQ; Bubba-Q-Boys; Buccaneers of Boarbque; Butcher BBQ; Buzzard Bait BBQ; Camping Crew BBQ; Charcoholics; Chuck Wagon Gang; Cody's Construction Crew BBQ; Cookin' Smokin' BBQ; Cook's N Hill's; Cosmic Cooks; Cowboy Barbeque; Cowboy Cookers; Deep Fork BBQ; Dirty Sanchez Cue & Brue Cue; Feeding Frenzy BBQ; Fire Stokers; Flying 'F' Ranch; Hot Wire BBQ; Iron Wheel Cookers; Jake's Place; Jeannete Gibbs; Jug Tavern BBQ; Jungle Jeems Pig Posse; Key Midwest BBQ; Kick Ash BBQ; Limo B' Cue Crew; Lisa Hays; Little Pig Town BBQ; Lynn Pike; Meat Puppets; Men On Fire BBQ; Moonlight Meat Rubbers; My Brothers BBQ Team; Nothing Butt Barbeque; OCE Smokin' Fire; One Smokin' Grill; OsoSlowBBQ; R & B Smokin' the Blues; R BBQ; Ritter's BBQ; Riverview Baptist Church; Royal Oak; Sa-Mokin; Second Hand Smokers; Sigma Smokers; Silverado Smokers; Smoke Busters; Smoke Ridge Boys; Smoke This; Smoker's Gone Wild; Smokin' Bones; Smokin Pokes; Stonebridge BBQ; Stu's Q BBQ; Sunrise BBQ; Sunset BBQ @ Grilling; Team Premier; The Q Joint; The Smokedelics; Three Crosses BBQ; Turnin 'n' Burnin; Twin Oak; Uncle BC's BBQ; Whizbang BBQ; Wilcat Smokers

Butcher BBQ, Little Pig Town BBQ Twin Oak

Heres my guess as to who might be GC . One of the tree and I would put my money on Scot - little pig and David - butcher bbq as rgc
    Traeger 124 (sold)
    Weber Genesis gasser
    PS custom

SmokyOkie Guest

Butcher David GC
    LPT and Buffalo edged out by the locals. You aren't real familiar with how the elks out there do things are you?

Actually, RGC was JP custom ( nice folks from Wichita, and he has a pit that out Jamboes a Jambo)

I think Feeding Frenzy was in there too. And of course Cookshack and Head Country were in there too. I'll try to get a chance to post the top 5 later.

I was guessing on Bixby lol. Tim need sleep. I read your comments on judging and I laughed. It is so true. Whether its kcbs, elks or ibca. You just get one bite and you better hope the pull the best bite out of the box. Thats why david always scores well with his brisket. Besides the obvious hes good lol. Its always us guys the finish in the 10-25 range that ***** about how the judges are inconsistent, which is true at the big comps here since we don't have enough seasoned certified judges. But its usually the same guys in the top 5.

You get One bite to wow them.
    Traeger 124 (sold)
    Weber Genesis gasser
    PS custom

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by themeatpuppets View Post
    I was guessing on Bixby lol. Tim need sleep. I read your comments on judging and I laughed. It is so true. Whether its kcbs, elks or ibca. You just get one bite and you better hope the pull the best bite out of the box. Thats why david always scores well with his brisket. Besides the obvious hes good lol. Its always us guys the finish in the 10-25 range that ***** about how the judges are inconsistent, which is true at the big comps here since we don't have enough seasoned certified judges. But its usually the same guys in the top 5.

You get One bite to wow them.
    Which comments on judging are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Butcher David GC
    LPT and Buffalo edged out by the locals. You aren't real familiar with how the elks out there do things are you?

Actually, RGC was JP custom ( nice folks from Wichita, and he has a pit that out Jamboes a Jambo)

I think Feeding Frenzy was in there too. And of course Cookshack and Head Country were in there too. I'll try to get a chance to post the top 5 later.
    this one about the locals. I am familar with the elks
    Traeger 124 (sold)
    Weber Genesis gasser
    PS custom

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast