Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 47

8 members and 39 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Posts: 157,536
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Western ny
    Posts
    23

    Default Napolean gas grills?

    Does anyone have one? I'm looking for a reliable grill with infared sear and rotissarie, hopefully under $1500.Don't need a large one. If you know of another let me know.Thx,
    bill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Not much on gassers, but I do know that Charbroil partnereed with TEC ( they blazed the way in Infrared cooking) in a few models and all of them I saw were quite a bit under $1000.

    Here's one
    http://www.charbroil.com/Consumer/pr...uctSeriesID=84

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ruskin, FL
    Posts
    6,290

    Default

    Saw these last night at Lowes....the one I saw was just under a Grand....Not sure if it has the IR though....
    http://www.blueembergrills.com/#controller=1
    Better yet....Sears has it for $900.00
    Link
    ~Brian~
    BBQ Jones comp team
    KCBS Member
    KCBS CBJ

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joneser View Post
    Saw these last night at Lowes....the one I saw was just under a Grand....Not sure if it has the IR though....
    http://www.blueembergrills.com/#controller=1
    Better yet....Sears has it for $900.00
    Link
    IR rear rotisserie burner only. No IR sear.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Not much on gassers, but I do know that Charbroil partnereed with TEC ( they blazed the way in Infrared cooking) in a few models and all of them I saw were quite a bit under $1000.

    Here's one
    http://www.charbroil.com/Consumer/pr...uctSeriesID=84
    I used TEC charbroilers in a restraunt setting for a few years, and wasn't impressed. The whole IR sear thing is nice if the only thing you are cooking is thin and uniform in thickness, but if you want to cook anything thicker than about 3/4 of an inch, chances are pretty good the outside is going to burn long before the inside gets beyond medium. Might be OK for beef, but............ JMO
    22 inch weber
    20 cubic foot homebuilt smoker
    turkey fryer
    coleman stove
    If it burns, I can cook with it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    IMHO, IR is good for heating your garage, but not much for cooking, but if someone else wants it, who am I to judge.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Western ny
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hi all, Thx for the replies. They claim 1800 degree searing. I like the outside of my steak burnt, the meat rare. Kinda like bark and beef. I like rotissarie chicken,for crispy skin. My smoked chicken skin is never that way.From niether my offset or cookshack. Keepin mind I'm greener than grass so all help, is greatly welcome.
    bill

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 99nails View Post
    Hi all, Thx for the replies. They claim 1800 degree searing. I like the outside of my steak burnt, the meat rare. Kinda like bark and beef. I like rotissarie chicken,for crispy skin. My smoked chicken skin is never that way.From niether my offset or cookshack. Keepin mind I'm greener than grass so all help, is greatly welcome.
    bill
    If thats the case, this is the grill for you:
    http://www.bernzomatic.com/Default.a...=282&xmid=6957
    22 inch weber
    20 cubic foot homebuilt smoker
    turkey fryer
    coleman stove
    If it burns, I can cook with it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chef schwantz View Post
    If thats the case, this is the grill for you:
    http://www.bernzomatic.com/Default.a...=282&xmid=6957



    It looks like it's very portable too.

    Bill, I like my steaks rare, too. I'm not much on the over toasted outside though. Ah shoot, what am I saying? I pretty much like a steak anyway it's made as long as it's not overcooked.
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 99nails View Post
    Hi all, Thx for the replies. They claim 1800 degree searing. I like the outside of my steak burnt, the meat rare. Kinda like bark and beef. I like rotissarie chicken,for crispy skin. My smoked chicken skin is never that way.From niether my offset or cookshack. Keepin mind I'm greener than grass so all help, is greatly welcome.
    bill
    Your chicken skin will most likely never be crisp on your Cookshack, but it will be on your Offset if you will cook at emps in the 325-350 range.

    You should be able to get sufficient temps for a good sear on just about any quality gasser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phoenix Gas Grills
    By ds7662 in forum Gas Grills
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1