usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 47

1 members and 46 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SmokyOkie Guest

Default Blender Hollandaise

Jake wanted this recipe, so I thought I would just post it instead of PM ing it to him.

And for those of you that think it is just FooFoo French stuff, spill a little of this over some delicately smoked thin sliced pork loin or Canadian bacon and then re evaluate your stance.

Here we go

1/2C hot melted butter
    3 egg yolks ( or two whole eggs, but don't if you can help it)
    2Tbs lemon juice (use fresh if possible)
    1/2tsp salt
    pinch cayenne

Heat butter to bubbling but not brown.

Put remaining ingredients in blender.

With butter ready and hot, turn blender on low and immediately pour butter in a steady stream through center hole in blender lid, then immediately turn blender off. It is done.

May be prepared for up to an hour before serving, but doesn;t keep well in the fridge.

Nothing better than some good hollandaise over some smoked ham and eggs on a english muffin
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

Thanks for the recipe, Tim. Will it still work out if you double the recipe?
    Keith

Thanks Tim!
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

erain is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket erain will become famous soon enough

thanks for sharing tim. will have to give it a try!!!
    GOSM, soon to be with sfb
    MES
    Webber 22"
    Dutch Ovens and other CI

Going to have to try this. I still do it the old fashion way in a double boiler. Took a lot of tries to learn to get it right without having the sauce break or separate.

Tim, will the sauce break like it can when cooked in a double boiler ?
    Jim

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Butt Lover's View Post
    Nothing better than some good hollandaise over some smoked ham and eggs on a english muffin
    I like it over a very soft coddled egg and Canuck bacon on an elnglish muffin. ( Benedict for those that don't know) Jake and Pip like it over anything...Well I guess I do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Thanks for the recipe, Tim. Will it still work out if you double the recipe?
    Yes, we do it often

Quote Originally Posted by erain View Post
    thanks for sharing tim. will have to give it a try!!!
    Please do, I bet you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BYBBQ View Post
    Going to have to try this. I still do it the old fashion way in a double boiler. Took a lot of tries to learn to get it right without having the sauce break or separate.

Tim, will the sauce break like it can when cooked in a double boiler ?
    Always the purist Jim? Yes, I know that there is no way that one can get the fluffy lightness of true Hollandaise without the butter pats and the double boiler, but, if I only make Hollandaise when I have tome to do the real deal, then I don;t get to eat it as often as I like.

jake confided that they had been using the packaged stuff, and I'd wager that this is much better than the package as the real deal is better than it.

No, it won't break. Give it a try. It's quick, easy and tasty.

I will definitely try it, Tim. I love Hollandaise sauce on a lot of things and this would be much easier and quicker to make. Not trying to be a purist, it was just the way I learned to make it. I'm all for trying something new.

Since a Bearnaise sauce is a modified Hollandaise sauce, do you think it would work adding the extra ingredients to make it into a Bearnaise sauce??

Bearnaise sauce is so good on meats and veggies too and I make it quite a bit also.
    Last edited by BYBBQ; 02-23-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Jim

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BYBBQ View Post
    I will definitely try it, Tim. I love Hollandaise sauce on a lot of things and this would be much easier to make.

Since a Bearnaise sauce is a modified Hollandaise sauce, do you think it would work adding the extra ingredients to make it into a Bearnaise sauce??

Bearnaise sauce is so good on meats and veggies too and I make it quite a bit also.
    Yeah, lazy in my old age, I can only muster the energy to do the real thing a couple times a year, and then there's always the dilemma of who's gonna cook everything else while you are totally devoted to the sauce.

i can muster this stuff more often than I should. it's simple.

and yes, the tarragon blends nicely into this for Bernaise as well. Sub the lemon juice with wine and vinegar and fold in the shallot/onion and fresh tarragon after the blend, or use dry tarragon for that matter.

thanks boss you rock, report to follow soon,... as you know we are pretty heart smart here
    Life @ Home Party Grill
    Char.broil smoker with side fire box
    Grand Cafe Model CG108ALP Out Door Kitchen
    Bradley Smoker
    probally every acces. and gadget known to man
    Fat Family BBQ Team Banner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast