Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 26

5 members and 21 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Other than family can't think of a better thing to come home to than some good que! Nice Jim!
    Yep, lotta Southern Pride units around here for commercial use & catering, mostly on trailers. Gassers are easy quein' and the ticket for mass quantities, turn out good eats.
    I look for the brick pit, stack of wood and smoke at the joints I frequent though.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by peculiarmike View Post
    Other than family can't think of a better thing to come home to than some good que! Nice Jim!
    Yep, lotta Southern Pride units around here for commercial use & catering, mostly on trailers. Gassers are easy quein' and the ticket for mass quantities, turn out good eats.
    I look for the brick pit, stack of wood and smoke at the joints I frequent though.
    If your like me you remember the best briskets you have ever cooked.
    The first one that was over the top was on a offset Klose but the best ever came off of the Ole Hickory. The texture, bark, flavor, moisture was everything you want. I find that heat is heat and with the Ole Hickory I can control the smoke very easily.

Now most of my cooking for the family comes off of the Primos and when catering we do chicken and ribs on site with the Klose (great show for the customer) but the heavy meats are cooked on the Ole Hickorys and they get their rest in cambros on the ride to the customer.

Honestly I have a problem eating in BBQ joints most are only fair at best and many are flat bad.
    Jim

Klose mobile
    Ole Hickory EL-EDx
    Ole Hickory CTO
    Primo Ovals
    WSM
    Weber Rancher

Great thread Jim, thanks for showing your equipment.

Gave me some good ideas as we live very close to Selfridge ANGB!

I would kill for the CTO for comps!
    Rubbed, Smoked and Sauced BBQ Team sponsored by Barsleaks/Rislone
    Authorized Backwoods dealer.
    B.O.D. GLBBQA
    Pitmaster - Lockharts BBQ of Royal Oak
    Owner-Great Lakes BBQ Supply Co.

I don't know what the actual temp is, but it cooks the way I want it to, so I don't guess it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jminion View Post
    The first one that was over the top was on a offset Klose but the best ever came off of the Ole Hickory. The texture, bark, flavor, moisture was everything you want. I find that heat is heat and with the Ole Hickory I can control the smoke very easily.

Now most of my cooking for the family comes off of the Primos and when catering we do chicken and ribs on site with the Klose (great show for the customer) but the heavy meats are cooked on the Ole Hickorys and they get their rest in cambros on the ride to the customer.

Honestly I have a problem eating in BBQ joints most are only fair at best and many are flat bad.
    There is only one in all of Tulsa that I will go to for anything other than a sammich, and even theirs is nothing that i would turn in. Even the best just can't mass produce as well as they can with just a few slabs or briskets.

[quote=SmokyOkie;31779]Gotta have one Mike?[quote]

Well....
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

Quote Originally Posted by jminion View Post

You got that right! There are some here in KC that are up to the task.

TQJ Plankowner

- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    There is only one in all of Tulsa that I will go to for anything other than a sammich, and even theirs is nothing that i would turn in. Even the best just can't mass produce as well as they can with just a few slabs or briskets.
    What you turn in and what you get at a joint are two vastly different animals. And neither are close to what comes off your pit at home.

TQJ Plankowner

- John Wayne

I have a CTO that is a rotisserie. No hot spots. Did 90lbs of butts and 40lbs of brisket all the same time. Looking to fab some rib racks for it so i can do around 40 racks at once.
    Pete
    Old Hickory CTO
    22.5 Weber
    Homemade stainless steel rotisserie

Yes they do! Many of us here have donated time to Dave Waun - BBQ for Our Troops. "Try it. Try it. You will like it"

Thank you for your service.
    Jerry.Hickory Grove BBQ
    20" x 72" Gravity Feed by Wasson
    Member GLBBQA http://www.glbbqa.com/
    Member KCBS and Certified Judge

Besides that, they're real purdy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2