Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default rotisserie for weber genesis gas

my wife won a weber genesis silver, I was looking around and found that weber has a kit for a rotisserie for them but they are much higher dollar than the chargriller version at lowes, anyone had any luck adapting one over. It appears to be nearly identical, its probably one of them things the chargriller and webers come of the same line and go into different boxes but I was hoping someone around here could confirm it will work, for the $50 difference between the two I am willing to fab the brackets for the grill if they won't fit right.

I personally don;t think you really get your money's worth out of the Weber rotiss. On the other hand, I think you really get your money's worth for one of these

And you get a 25% discount for being a member here. Let me know if you want to order one. I'll see to it that you get your discount.

thanks smokie, its good to know there is a quality product out there, I will let you know when I am ready to get one.

swamprb is offline Can tell pulled pork from sliced brisket swamprb is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres the deal with the Char-Broil spit rods over the Weber.

Your Genesis already has the mounting bracket holes for the motor and U shaped cutouts for the spit rods, the problem is the Char-Broil (or most other brands) use a 3/8" square rod and the Weber and EZ-Que are round and set in the grooves. Now you could always use a round file and enlarge the cutouts (which I have done on my coffee roasting Weber 1000) and mount a ferrule on the rod or even take the square rod and round it out where it sits in the Weber grooves.

You should keep an eye on E-bay for Weber/EZ-Que cradle rotisseries, or better yet take B-O-B up on his Rib-O-Lator deal!

http://www.ribolator.com/