usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 21

4 members and 17 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Busted

Default Busted

My main computer is exactly that. The Firedog said it had something to do with it's mother???but I don't really understand that, I mean I didn't even know computers had mothers, and even if they did, what would being bored have to do with anything?

They said it would cost about $75 for a new mother ( and that one's already bored as well, go figger) and $100 to put her in. Does that sound about right to all you guys that are in the know ( since I obviously am not).

At any rate, that is part of the reason that I haven't been on much lately, that and having house guests and hunting a lot too.

I will be back as usual soon ( I'm sure to the dismay of many), but I really could use some input on the computer thing since I'm not real savvy on that type of thing.

Thanx in advance all!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    My main computer is exactly that. The Firedog said it had something to do with it's mother???but I don't really understand that, I mean I didn't even know computers had mothers, and even if they did, what would being bored have to do with anything?

They said it would cost about $75 for a new mother ( and that one's already bored as well, go figger) and $100 to put her in. Does that sound about right to all you guys that are in the know ( since I obviously am not).

At any rate, that is part of the reason that I haven't been on much lately, that and having house guests and hunting a lot too.

I will be back as usual soon ( I'm sure to the dismay of many), but I really could use some input on the computer thing since I'm not real savvy on that type of thing.

Thanx in advance all!
    Keeping in mind, I am the tightwad of this bunch: I don't think it is worth it this time of year. You can get a Dell Inspiron 518 for $330 (without the monitor, which you should still have from your other one). That's a low end model but, 2GB of Ram and 250GB hard drive. Yea, a new motherboard might fix it....this time, but what's next?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...=DDCWOA2&s=dhs
    Josh
    AKA: Geek with Fire

Don't fix it! Buy a new one!
    ~Mike~
    www.buttloversbbq.com
    Big Green Egg - Large
    Backwoods - Custom Party
    FEC 100

None the less if yo want to fix it, Get the new MOBO (motherboard)and I'll put it in for free in about 5-10min time.
    VDS aka "IT"
    Brinkman Smoke N Pit Pitmaster
    Kegerator(retired)
    OUTDOOR GOURMET 11-PIECE COMBO FRYER SET
    KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
    Formaly "The Q Joint" BBQ Team (The Butt Man)
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Facebook

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by glued2it View Post

None the less if yo want to fix it, Get the new MOBO (motherboard)and I'll put it in for free in about 5-10min time.
    Thats what I was waitin for. If I was in the area like Jeremy slap a new one in, if the Comp Dr. was right (who told ya it was the Mobo?) and youre off an runnin my friend.

Was this close to PMin ya to find out where ya at.
    MEMBER: BERGIE BBQ team 2011, 2012.

I think that I already owe Firedog a hundred bucks for picking it up and doing a diag. I think that is applied to the installation. I ordered a new MOBO today. I'll check J, and if it isn't applied to the installation I'll take you up on your offer. Thank you. BTW, I was looking to hear from you this past weekend.

Putting in a new motherboard isn't rocket science and $100 to do it is a rip. Everything else just plugs into the mother.
    Fairly easy fix.
    Lucky you have Jeremy. He works for beer.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Sorry to here this, SO. yea, let jeremy do it or I know my dad and I have done it. (not as much as jeremy I am sure though)

By the way, drove pass your office today taking my two oldest and my nephew to Bass Pro. Will call ahead next time and stop to say hello. I can see a next time over the holidays. (3 snow days here so I had to get them out of the house for a bit)
    Glen
    Large Charcoal Vertical & UDS
    Blue Thermopen
    www.coltecconsulting.com

Quote Originally Posted by flying illini View Post
    Sorry to here this, SO. yea, let jeremy do it or I know my dad and I have done it. (not as much as jeremy I am sure though)

By the way, drove pass your office today taking my two oldest and my nephew to Bass Pro. Will call ahead next time and stop to say hello. I can see a next time over the holidays. (3 snow days here so I had to get them out of the house for a bit)
    You'll find the Okie kicked back in a big ol' plush leather chair with his feet up on the desk, pullin' on a big ol' Cuban seegar and wheelin' an dealin' on the phone.

"If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by peculiarmike View Post
    You'll find the Okie kicked back in a big ol' plush leather chair with his feet up on the desk, pullin' on a big ol' Cuban seegar and wheelin' an dealin' on the phone.

Mike, I been teasing the Okie with an Ashton VSG for while now. He ain't takin one yet.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast