» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 28

0 members and 28 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sat night

Default sat night

Alright boys, I've decided what i'm cookin' up for supper tomorrow night. I'm gonna do BBQ pork chops. It is a super ***** and super easy recipe. You need pork chops,butter, green peppers, red onions, pineapple rings and teryaki sauce. Put them together individually wrapped in foil and throw them on the grill. This is a must try for everyone, they turn out sooooooo delicious, i'll be sure to post the pic's haven't decided on the sides yet.

also i wanted to admit to everyone that i'm a Q joint addict.........I worked late last night (got home about 10:30) and Jake went to bed about 11 and i was up til 1:00am ish playing around on here and reading the posts.... was i ever tired this morning when i had to get up Lol. I used to wonder how Jake could spend all day on here but now i know. thanks for making this a fun place to spend some alone time
    talk to you all tomorrow !!!!
    Pippa
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
    Alright boys, I've decided what i'm cookin' up for supper tomorrow night. I'm gonna do BBQ pork chops. It is a super ***** and super easy recipe. You need pork chops,butter, green peppers, red onions, pineapple rings and teryaki sauce. Put them together individually wrapped in foil and throw them on the grill. This is a must try for everyone, they turn out sooooooo delicious, i'll be sure to post the pic's haven't decided on the sides yet.

also i wanted to admit to everyone that i'm a Q joint addict.........I worked late last night (got home about 10:30) and Jake went to bed about 11 and i was up til 1:00am ish playing around on here and reading the posts.... was i ever tired this morning when i had to get up Lol. I used to wonder how Jake could spend all day on here but now i know. thanks for making this a fun place to spend some alone time
    talk to you all tomorrow !!!!
    Pippa
    I need you to call my ol lady.......
    Rubbed, Smoked and Sauced BBQ Team sponsored by Barsleaks/Rislone
    Authorized Backwoods dealer.
    B.O.D. GLBBQA
    Pitmaster - Lockharts BBQ of Royal Oak
    Owner-Great Lakes BBQ Supply Co.

I don't know what the actual temp is, but it cooks the way I want it to, so I don't guess it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
    I need you to call my ol lady.......
    no problem my friend...what's the number
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

hey ya Pippa!!!

not Qin those chops,......grillin and at that steamin them.

Try them low and slow but remember they dont have much fat on em!
    MEMBER: BERGIE BBQ team 2011, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargrilled View Post
    hey ya Pippa!!!

not Qin those chops,......grillin and at that steamin them.

Try them low and slow but remember they dont have much fat on em!
    I'm still a q'in beginner so I don't know all the lingo yet ...to me if it goes on the BBQ then I'm Q'in Lol...........low and slow I'll try that, I'd hate to burn them. Thanks for the tips

Pippa
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

I'm still a q'in beginner so I don't know all the lingo yet ...to me if it goes on the BBQ then I'm Q'in Lol...........low and slow I'll try that, I'd hate to burn them. Thanks for the tips

Pippa
    Hi Pippa,
    If you were using the gas Grill or direct coals on the Char Broil with High heat that is considered grilling.By wrapping the Chops in Foil with teriyaki sauce you are steaming them on the grill.
    I hope that helps.

He is suggesting that you try to smoke them at a low temperature.It will take longer but by learning some of the methods that people on the site use you can achieve some unbelievable flavor from the smoke and a tenderness that many would be envious of.

I am sure there are many people that could have explained it better.

Me, I am just glad your having fun playing with fire!
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Quote Originally Posted by californiasmokin View Post
    Hi Pippa,
    If you were using the gas Grill or direct coals on the Char Broil with High heat that is considered grilling.By wrapping the Chops in Foil with teriyaki sauce you are steaming them on the grill.
    I hope that helps.

He is suggesting that you try to smoke them at a low temperature.It will take longer but by learning some of the methods that people on the site use you can achieve some unbelievable flavor from the smoke and a tenderness that many would be envious of.

I am sure there are many people that could have explained it better.

Me, I am just glad your having fun playing with fire!
    Aaawww thanks Paul, I am having so much fun playing with fire !! do you think i should do them on the smoker or the bbq......i'm not sure what to do now, but if i'm putting them on the smoker i better get it started Lol
    hopefully you'll get this in time to reply
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

Aaawww thanks Paul, I am having so much fun playing with fire !! do you think i should do them on the smoker or the bbq......i'm not sure what to do now, but if i'm putting them on the smoker i better get it started Lol
    hopefully you'll get this in time to reply
    Do you still want to use that recipe?
    If so I would probably just sear them on the grill then cook them on the other side of grill with the side you have the pork chops on off.That called indirect cooking.
    Or fire up the Char Broil after searing them and smoke them.Cook the veggies in foil unless you have a basket.Try grilling your pineapple rings.Reapply some glaze to the chops as you go.I like to put some on a little before you pull them out.
    You could also make kabobs with the bell peppers ,onion ,and pineapple.

Use Jakes meat probe to make sure the chops are done to the desired tenderness.

I would smoke them .I just like the flavor you get from the smoke.
    I am sure others would have some good tips for you.

I don't own a gas grill or a char broil so I can't really say how long.Plus it depends on the thickness of your chops. That is why I say to use the temp probe.Keep track of your cook and at what temp.make notes of how you think it turned out maybe what you want to try different.

Have fun!!
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Quote Originally Posted by californiasmokin View Post
    Do you still want to use that recipe?
    If so I would probably just sear them on the grill then cook them on the other side of grill with the side you have the pork chops on off.That called indirect cooking.
    Or fire up the Char Broil after searing them and smoke them.Cook the veggies in foil unless you have a basket.Try grilling your pineapple rings.Reapply some glaze to the chops as you go.I like to put some on a little before you pull them out.
    You could also make kabobs with the bell peppers ,onion ,and pineapple.

Use Jakes meat probe to make sure the chops are done to the desired tenderness.

I would smoke them .I just like the flavor you get from the smoke.
    I am sure others would have some good tips for you.

I don't own a gas grill or a char broil so I can't really say how long.Plus it depends on the thickness of your chops. That is why I say to use the temp probe.Keep track of your cook and at what temp.make notes of how you think it turned out maybe what you want to try different.

Have fun!!
    My original plan was to do them indirectly on the bbq, the chicken I did last weekend turned out fantastic so i thought i'd go with that but ....... you have given me alot of great idea's. I usually do them in the oven which was why i was going to wrap them in foil and do them indirect. I have to take my daughter to a halloween party at 5:00 (30 min from now) so i don't think I'll have time to smoke them today but i do think i will grill it all separatly on the grill and then put it all together on the plate ...decisions decisions Lol!! anyways I appreciate your imput and i'll post some pic's tomorrow so everyone can see how it turned out!!
    thanks again !!
    Pippa
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

Do em as you will Pippa ... this place is dedicated to all forms of outdoor cooking.

Bring pics
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast