usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 46

1 members and 45 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 969
Threads: 14,365
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, SmokyOkie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile tonight's dinner

Hey boys.........sorry i haven't been on here all week but this week was my last week of training for my new job and i was a little bit busy and stressed out . I start my new position for real on monday !! Yeah ........... !! Anyways, i'm cooking dinner tonight. I have decided to do chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese, what kind of cheese would you recommend ?? also because i am doing these on the Q i don't want the cheese oozing out....i was going to use toothpicks but decided that probably wouldn't work. any suggestions on what might be better?? I'm also Q'ing jumbo prawns and some regular prawns ~ yum !!!!! will have potatoes and caesar salad as side dishes. I ahven't cooked on there all week so i'm pretty excited about tonight. any advise you guys might have would be much appreciated!!!!
    talk to you soon,
    Pippa
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

Pippa, we've missed you! Glad you're back and enjoying your weekend.

As for my recommendation of cheese, I'd suggest some sort of Philly cream cheese. Perhaps an herb and garlic variety. I also think that if you use a toothpick they'll be fine. If you want extra insurance, try trussing them a bit, or wrapping them in bacon. The bacon is edible, the string isn't.

Don't forget the pictures! Oh, don't forget to enjoy a nice glass of wine during the evening, too! (or whiskey, beer, etc)
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    UDS - One of a set of twins
    Custom Stick Burner - "Latifah".....(yeah, she's big and beautiful)
    Certified KCBS Judge

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    -Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by BA_LoKo View Post
    Pippa, we've missed you! Glad you're back and enjoying your weekend.

As for my recommendation of cheese, I'd suggest some sort of Philly cream cheese. Perhaps an herb and garlic variety. I also think that if you use a toothpick they'll be fine. If you want extra insurance, try trussing them a bit, or wrapping them in bacon. The bacon is edible, the string isn't.

Don't forget the pictures! Oh, don't forget to enjoy a nice glass of wine during the evening, too! (or whiskey, beer, etc)
    I've missed you too!! MMMMMMMM cream cheese, i never thought of that and I LOVE cream cheese. Bacon too...what a great idea ~thanks. I'll send the pic's so you can see what i decided to do and how it turns out. Oh yeah and i stopped and bought myself some kahlua today ~ mmmmm better not start too early though or we won't eat cause i'll be and possibly .....

Pippa
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

You could pound the breasts flat and roll them cordon bleu style.People usually use swiss or cream cheese or a combo of both.Just punch up chicken cordon bleu on your search browser.You usually bake them in the oven but I don't see why you couldn't do em on the Q.

When you roll them up just seal in the sides.

I hope that helps.

What are you doing in your new job?
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Quote Originally Posted by californiasmokin View Post
    You could pound the breasts flat and roll them cordon bleu style.People usually use swiss or cream cheese or a combo of both.Just punch up chicken cordon bleu on your search browser.You usually bake them in the oven but I don't see why you couldn't do em on the Q.

When you roll them up just seal in the sides.

I hope that helps.

What are you doing in your new job?
    Great idea about pounding the breast out, I'm going to get Jake to bring me home a mallet after work today. BA_LOKO just sent me a post suggesting cream cheese...now i'm 2 for 2 so it looks like that's what i'll use. I'll post a bunch of pic's later (or in the morning) and let you know how it turned out on the Q. Thanks for the tip about rolling them up and sealing in the sides, I wasn't sure how i was going to do that. Thanks for all the tips.My new job is still with the same company (the Superstore ~ a huge grocery chain up here). I just got a promotion and I'm now the " JOE Depatment Manager "....JOE is our line of clothes. If you google Real canadian Superstore flyer and then click on Joe Fresh you can see it .Anyways I just finished 6 weeks of training on friday and I'm off to my new store on Monday......i'm soooo excited. It was a huge raise for me also which was awesome. anyways.......thanks again for the tips and i'll be posting the picks later.
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

SmokyOkie Guest

I'm sure I'm too late to help, but maybe for next time:

Aged smoked gouda and diced proscuitto. they go really well together, and the aged cheese is a little drier and won't ozze out, but will turn nice and melty.

BTW-congrats and best wishes on the new gig, but if it's a grocery store, why do they have a clothing dept?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    I'm sure I'm too late to help, but maybe for next time:

Aged smoked gouda and diced proscuitto. they go really well together, and the aged cheese is a little drier and won't ozze out, but will turn nice and melty.

BTW-congrats and best wishes on the new gig, but if it's a grocery store, why do they have a clothing dept?

Thanks smokie......that does sound really good. I already got Jake to pick me up cream cheese but i'm going to try that next time for sure~yum. It is a grocery store but it has a clothing dept, home & garden etc...kind of like a Walmart only BETTER!!!!! google real canadian superstore and you can check it out.
    I'll post some picks later so you can see how it turns out!!!
    Cheers,
    Pippa
    Brand new smoker'
    Pippa (a.k.a. Joe girl)

if it's a grocery store, why do they have a clothing dept?

It's a Walmart......your favorite store! Did you know you can also get tires there, too?

<runnin' and duckin' and zigzaggin'!>
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    Certified KCBS Judge

-Mae West

SmokyOkie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BA_LoKo View Post
    It's a Walmart......your favorite store! Did you know you can also get tires there, too?

<runnin' and duckin' and zigzaggin'!>
    I'll be sure to include them in the menu next time you're over.

I just googled Joe Fresh and came up with this site Joe Fresh

This pic was on the top of the page

Isn;t it a pity that anyone could conjure up so much hate for someone that they don't even know?

I'll be sure to include them in the menu next time you're over.

I just googled Joe Fresh and came up with this site Joe Fresh

This pic was on the top of the page

Isn't it a pity that anyone could conjure up so much hate for someone that they don't even know?
    Good question. And, the answer I certainly don't know.

Back to topic!

Pip, any word/pics on how things are coming?
    Kev
    GOSM 3405
    Certified KCBS Judge

-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast