» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 24

0 members and 24 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,104
Threads: 14,353
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,053)
Welcome to our newest member, ABC-QBob

Default Acceptable Photo Size on Q Joint Forums

We have recently had a few issues concerning picture sizes being posted in the forums. Some photos have been way to big to be comfortably viewed by all users. It should not be necessary for members to scroll left, right, up and down to see a picture that is just way too big for their screen.

Therefore, the Moderator Staff is reminding all members to size their photos to no bigger than 800 X 600 pixels. That is the optimal size to be easily viewed by all and still show plenty of up close detail. This is the rule from here on.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

If your going to ban super large pics, you should also ban those annoying, tiny thumbnails. If we're going to make it good for all members, let's have some emphasis on the word "all"
    Last edited by cabinetmaker; 05-13-2015 at 07:04 AM.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
    If your going to ban super large pics, you should also ban those annoying, tiny thumbnails. If we're going to make it good for all members, let's have some emphasis on the word "all"
    We're not banning anything. That pic size has been in the rules forever.

I wouldn't be calling the kettle black if I were you. The pics in your last posts were over size too.

And as for as the thumb-nail pics, all you have to do is click on them to expand them to a larger size. That is a default( can't change it ) setting of the forum software when someone loads pics direct or from a mobile and doesn't use a program like PhotoBucket.

Please everyone just play nice and follow the rules. That's all we're asking.

Thank You
    Jim

Not trying to make waves Jim. I view the forum from my phone. The thumbnails don't work, and it's not my phone. Its been that way with the last five phones I've had. From I phones to Samsung galaxies. I've set up photobucket to resize pics to the forum specs. They still come out that way. Guess I'll just have stop posting pics.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

So, my thread posting privileges have been suspended? What's next? Time out?

Guess you need an Iphone or Bi focals I hate big pics if I have to scroll to see it I ignore it.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

cabinetmaker

On PhotoBucket go to the face symbol where you log out. Click on settings. Then click on albums. Scroll down and click on Customize Upload Options. Then set it to 800X600. Then hit save. Then log out and the next time you upload pics it will use the new setting.

I just tried the thumbnail pics on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5 and on my LG L41C.
    I used the Chrome browser and the Firefox browser and they worked fine on both phones.
    I tried Tapatalk on both phones and they didn't work right.

So I would try using a different browser on your phone for viewing the forum or check your settings.
    Jim

Thank you Jim, but I know how to operate my photobucket acct and that's where it set. As far as changing my browser to accommodate one web site? Ain't gonna happen. My first post in this thread was serious, and you called me out. Some folks don't like to scroll to see the pic, I don't like to click on thumbnails. If that makes me a "smartass", so be it. I post from my phone too, but I go to the trouble to upload to pb then copy and paste from there so my pics don't show up as thumbnails and other users won't have to click on them. On another note, Please do not send me any more PM's calling me names.

Alright here's my take on the subject. I'm happy to see any post here with pics, big or small! No privileges will be removed for concern of pic sizes. The thumbnails come iut as a matter of using the forum to host pics. That is in the program and I'll have to check to see if it's something that can be adjusted. The large photos, if the settings for the hosting site are correct there shouldn't be an issue.

Any way it goes, I'm stoked to have delicious pics in any size to drool over.

That's my take. Let's argue over lighter fluid or creosote railroad ties for cooking
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Quote Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
    Alright here's my take on the subject. I'm happy to see any post here with pics, big or small! No privileges will be removed for concern of pic sizes. The thumbnails come iut as a matter of using the forum to host pics. That is in the program and I'll have to check to see if it's something that can be adjusted. The large photos, if the settings for the hosting site are correct there shouldn't be an issue.

Any way it goes, I'm stoked to have delicious pics in any size to drool over.

That's my take. Let's argue over lighter fluid or creosote railroad ties for cooking

Yeah, love to cook with creosote railroad ties!
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill