Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 23

8 members and 15 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking like a great build. Get that beast seasoned and some food coming off of her! Can't wait to see
    I won't say that I make the best BBQ, but you will

Sunday I got handles put on and got the drum seasoned. Saturday I plan on cooking something. Not 100% sure on what but probably going to be ribs. Depends on what looks good at the store.

Question: I've seen some vids of people's UDSs with a short pipe that screws into the 2"bung in the lid. Where in the heck do you find these pipes?

Quote Originally Posted by AlienInferno View Post
    Sunday I got handles put on and got the drum seasoned. Saturday I plan on cooking something. Not 100% sure on what but probably going to be ribs. Depends on what looks good at the store.

Question: I've seen some vids of people's UDSs with a short pipe that screws into the 2"bung in the lid. Where in the heck do you find these pipes?
    Home Depot, Lowes, or most any hardware or plumbing store. It's a std 2" plumbing nipple. You can even use galvanized pipe for the exhaust because it won't get too hot to cause any problems.
    Jim

What Jim said. I would add that you can use a short pipe nipple and add a chrome tailpipe extension for a custom hot rod look.

"Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Thanks guys. Last time I was in home depot I looked for anything 2" and didn't really see much. There was galvanized but being galvanized I didn't pick them up.

On the menu tomorrow is 2 slabs of baby back ribs and a Boston butt for pulled pork. Haven't cooked a butt before so here's hoping it turns out. Also the sides are pinto beans and potato salad. But who's interested in those.

Thanks guys. Last time I was in home depot I looked for anything 2" and didn't really see much. There was galvanized but being galvanized I didn't pick them up.

On the menu tomorrow is 2 slabs of baby back ribs and a Boston butt for pulled pork. Haven't cooked a butt before so here's hoping it turns out. Also the sides are pinto beans and potato salad. But who's interested in those.
    As Jim said above, galvanized would be OK.

Good luck on your first butt, but you probly won't need luck. Butt's are pretty easy. Very forgiving, and can be cooked at a wide range of temperatures with good results.

Have fun and share!
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Nice build! Thanks for posting the pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2