usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 21

4 members and 17 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default WSM silicone grommet mount!!!

Hello,

Been very busy for awhile and haven't posted in a long time but have been lurking reading your guys posts.

I just upgraded to a 22.5" WSM with the new thermometer probe silicone grommet plug for remote themo's and I have NO IDEA how they expect us to get these things installed?!? If I cant get it on, there's gonna be a silver dollar sized hole letting all my heat out while I smoke. Any idea how to get this blasted thing on?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tackdriver View Post
    Hello,

Been very busy for awhile and haven't posted in a long time but have been lurking reading your guys posts.

I just upgraded to a 22.5" WSM with the new thermometer probe silicone grommet plug for remote themo's and I have NO IDEA how they expect us to get these things installed?!? If I cant get it on, there's gonna be a silver dollar sized hole letting all my heat out while I smoke. Any idea how to get this blasted thing on?

Thank you!
    Is that hole possibly reserved for a Weber accessory that is an option? Just thinking out loud.
    Small Barrel Smoker/Grill Weber One Touch Gold
    Cowboys don't lie, They only improve on the truth.

No it's a clearly pre drilled hole with a silicone rubber plug that is supposed to fit inside. But there is NO WAY to hold it from one side and push it through the other without it shooting ALL the way through and not staying lodged in the middle.

It is the most asinine thing I have ever seen. If you push an object through a hole...IT IS GONNA GO THROUGH THE HOLE!! There is no way to stop it without punching it through.

Thanks for your help but everything came in the box with it. Any one you know use one like this?

Thank you again.

Sorry, I don't cook on a WSW.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tackdriver View Post
    No it's a clearly pre drilled hole with a silicone rubber plug that is supposed to fit inside. But there is NO WAY to hold it from one side and push it through the other without it shooting ALL the way through and not staying lodged in the middle.

It is the most asinine thing I have ever seen. If you push an object through a hole...IT IS GONNA GO THROUGH THE HOLE!! There is no way to stop it without punching it through.

Thanks for your help but everything came in the box with it. Any one you know use one like this?

Thank you again.
    I don't have that WSM and chose a kettle over it. No from just being mechanical minded (some of the time) it sounds like the silicone plug is designed to have something like a Thermopen sensor inserted through the silicone and then into the meat. The silicone should stop a heat leak. Just thinking out loud again. Maybe a WSM user will chime in if they have that model. No one close to me sells the model you have or I'd take a look at a display and ask some questions. Then their is always the weber dot com place to ask questions of other users of just that model. HTH
    Small Barrel Smoker/Grill Weber One Touch Gold
    Cowboys don't lie, They only improve on the truth.

Thanks for the tips, I still can't get it though. So frustrating.

Does it have a split on the edge of the outside circumference that you need to get opened up and get started at one spot and work your way around the edge, with something blunt a little at a time.
    Steve

1-UDS
    1-Homemade stickburner/ Buela

Get it really wet with some good ole spit, kinda fold it in half and get it in the groove and it pops right in.
    BRISKET IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL

Just when did this thread turn to sex ?
    Cal
    Hardware : Cold smoker, Weber kettle copy, SFB stick burner, Weber Spirit E-310, Bullet

Last edited by BigDog; 11-08-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    BRISKET IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast