Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 27

7 members and 20 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Schmokin Party View Post
    I have used SSSB on pork, but never Brisket. I have had my best luck with Deep Beef. Tried Prime Beef from Butchers on the brisket but it stained the injection points yellow (it was a small brisket). I mixed it with beef broth rather than water, but I have not had any issue mixing Tim's stuff with things other than water.

Final result was a brisket that was so salty I couldn't hardly eat it. It was a small brisket and I think that the teachable moment here is that small briskets are not the way to go.

Speaking of the Okie, does anyone know where he is? Haven't heard from him in quite some time.
    Tim pops in every now and then. Don't know what he's up to.

And BTW where have you been? Good to hear from you again!
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Quote Originally Posted by tomshoots View Post
    Tim pops in every now and then. Don't know what he's up to.

And BTW where have you been? Good to hear from you again!
    I got bit by the comp bug. Spent a week in Memphis and lost touch. Still trying to catch up. It looks like the comps in IBCA slow down over the summer - I guess it is too hot, LOL.
    Mel / Full Metal Pork / Comp Rig -- G2 Party-G2 Chubby-Chicken Little / BWS EXT Party

I've been around. Just busy. That and we are workmg on adoption if a kiddo or two. So that and church sorta took over for a while.
    "BoB" a leaky Offset Stickburner
    Backwoods G2 Party and G2 Chubby
    UDS

Ain't nothin wrong with any of that Umpa. Just remember we're here and you're always welcome to join in. Stay strong in the adoption process brother.

No chickens were harmed in this statement. But it doesn't mean I didn't want to.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

you know it. we are waiting on our PPA from the state for foster, and then the adoption app is ready, just waiting on some license info from the approved PPA. we are hoping to be matched soon, would be nice to be placed this summer and not disrupt another school year for these kids..

and the test run was awesome. we are running breasts at the comp this weekend. tired of thighs and i'm hoping so are the judges. the only change we are doing, in the pic you can see the "grainy" rub on the chicken. Thats been adjusted. The brand of gran onion and garlic he was using has been upgraded. we even took one of the breasts and let it sit for 25 minutes. then tried it. still really good to the judging time frame. Remember at comps, what tastes good now, doesn't matter.. what it may or may not taste like in 20-30 minutes, and a tad cooler is the deal. we'll see. first comp this year and first with newb team member. nice to have a partner tho. KCBS by yourself is a sanity test at best.
    "BoB" a leaky Offset Stickburner
    Backwoods G2 Party and G2 Chubby
    UDS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2