Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 20

5 members and 15 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

When I said turn the drum over, I meant for you to try the lid on the bottom of the drum. Sometimes the bottom dia. of the drum is slightly smaller because of the way the lip is rolled.
    Jim

To extend the handle up the side of the drum like it is in the picture you will need to find a nut the right thread and size then weld it to the bottom of a length of pipe and also will have to weld the handle to the top. You may want to use a jam nut to hold the pipe and handle in correct position.

Don't forget to support the length of pipe up the side of the drum. Hope that answers your question.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

To do the Fat man handle requires a Little welding you have to weld a nut onto the rod and use a headless screw in the Ball then tack the valve handle on the other end.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

Quote Originally Posted by BYBBQ View Post
    When I said turn the drum over, I meant for you to try the lid on the bottom of the drum. Sometimes the bottom dia. of the drum is slightly smaller because of the way the lip is rolled.
    I did, and it was the same size, if not larger.

Quote Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
    To extend the handle up the side of the drum like it is in the picture you will need to find a nut the right thread and size then weld it to the bottom of a length of pipe and also will have to weld the handle to the top. You may want to use a jam nut to hold the pipe and handle in correct position.

Don't forget to support the length of pipe up the side of the drum. Hope that answers your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluDawg View Post
    To do the Fat man handle requires a Little welding you have to weld a nut onto the rod and use a headless screw in the Ball then tack the valve handle on the other end.
    Thanks and Sonofa.......I don't have the skills of welding, but my barber does!

Thanks for the input fellas.

Stop looking for how to threads. Use your imagination and ingenuity and stuff you have on hand to complete the task.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel. I also know how big of a PITA when new folks continuously show up and repeat the same damn questions to the masses without using the search button. I'm doing my best to not be bothersome, but I also would like to work smarter, not harder.

Wasn't my intention to bug you about not using search, Just meant that its better to make it yours.

Your welcome to ask all the Q's you want. We'll gladly answer all.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

It's all good K.L. Glad we can help. We love creativity but don't mind anyone asking questions. Getting it right the first time is everyone's goal. Now lets get that drum born!

No chickens were harmed in this statement. But it doesn't mean I didn't want to.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

I've made several poker tables, mine being the first. I hate playing on it, as compared to the other one's I've made. All the flaws and mistakes and such drive me nuts. Everyone loves it, but it drives me insane. Thus my wanting to do as much research before I start dumping money into things that a) I won't use or b) won't work.

That being said, I've been cleaning up the garage....aka the Keresone Lounge....and I found a box of crap we never unpacked from the move 8 years ago. It has a big huge cutting board that hasn't been used in well 8 years. I'm gonna turn that sucker into my mounted shelf.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast