Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 15

2 members and 13 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I agree. I prefer to use the Kingsford Comp Bag. Overall I like the way that I can control the temp with the briguettes. The Lump has way to much inconsistancy with its size and quality of wood.

Tell you what, light a chimney of good lump, and catch a whiff of it, then light a chimney of Kingsford...or most any other briquette and catch a whiff of it. Remember that what you smell of it, you will also smell on your food, then you decide.

I have burned nothing but lump for years and have absolutely no problem with temp spikes. It lights easier and has more BTUS per pound of fuel (in other words, it can burn hotter or it can burn longer, to both, your choice)

the key is to find a good lump that is available in your area. Royal Oak lump is pretty good and available in most areas.

if you find good lump and give it a fair try, you will never go back to briquettes.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyOkie View Post
    Tell you what, light a chimney of good lump, and catch a whiff of it, then light a chimney of Kingsford...or most any other briquette and catch a whiff of it. Remember that what you smell of it, you will also smell on your food, then you decide.

I have burned nothing but lump for years and have absolutely no problem with temp spikes. It lights easier and has more BTUS per pound of fuel (in other words, it can burn hotter or it can burn longer, to both, your choice)

the key is to find a good lump that is available in your area. Royal Oak lump is pretty good and available in most areas.

if you find good lump and give it a fair try, you will never go back to briquettes.
    That is a great piece of advice. I have a bunch of homemade burger patties that I will do up over the next week or so; one with lump and the other with briquettes and will see from there.

I have generally used briquettes only in my little hibachi and that's about it. Such a new learning experience. I knew there was a lot of different things between lump and briquettes, but not like this...

Thanks again, all!
    If it ain't BBQ, it ain't food...

i like royal oak products. I use both styles tho. i'll have a round cage 3/4 full of briqs, then dump lit lump coals on top.

that's pretty much the minion method, and i'd like to buy the man a beer and shake his hand some day!
    Never trust a skinny person for food advice.

I use Best Choice lump, its a store brand but its made by RO.
    I like Hog!!

A day without Pork is like a day without Sunshine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2