usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 12

1 members and 11 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Quicks BBQ Merriam Lane KCK

★★★☆☆
    1007 Merriam Ln Kansas City, KS 66103
    (913) 236-7228
    (Not to be confused with Quicks 7th Street)

They have a decent slab special on Wen and seem to always be pretty busy during lunch rush.
    The decor is very oudated and the waiting area for carryout is very limitted. Sometimes leaving you waiting outside.

As I stated in the Smoking Guns review they served a half frozen chicken and looked at me dumbfounded when I told them that I would not pay for it.
    The parking is rather difficult due to the location. We parked across the street (my crew cab 8ft bed truck was to big to navigate in the small parking lot) Then I was met with an angry car dealer at my truck stating that he had called a tow truck bc my truck was blocking his business.

Overall the food is okay. If you can get a slab when its fresh its a decent slab. Brisket was tender but lacked a smoke layer to be desired. If your visiting KC its not the top of my list but is worth trying. Dont attempt to get there during Greaserama, but would be a good idea if your headed to the Merriam Drive Inn for a show.

Quote Originally Posted by 01fordgazguzler View Post
    ★★★☆☆
    1007 Merriam Ln Kansas City, KS 66103
    (913) 236-7228
    (Not to be confused with Quicks 7th Street)

They have a decent slab special on Wen and seem to always be pretty busy during lunch rush.
    The decor is very oudated and the waiting area for carryout is very limitted. Sometimes leaving you waiting outside.

As I stated in the Smoking Guns review they served a half frozen chicken and looked at me dumbfounded when I told them that I would not pay for it.
    The parking is rather difficult due to the location. We parked across the street (my crew cab 8ft bed truck was to big to navigate in the small parking lot) Then I was met with an angry car dealer at my truck stating that he had called a tow truck bc my truck was blocking his business.

Overall the food is okay. If you can get a slab when its fresh its a decent slab. Brisket was tender but lacked a smoke layer to be desired. If your visiting KC its not the top of my list but is worth trying. Dont attempt to get there during Greaserama, but would be a good idea if your headed to the Merriam Drive Inn for a show.
    Not been to Quicks, but I have been to Smokin Guns. I have a review here somewhere.

I commented on your review. I would skip ever returning. The food is the same.....poopy

My favorite is the sausage sammich, very good. I used to hit Quick's for a lunch quicky now and then when I was working.

Bro. Okie, this is the same sausage we get in bulk ropes at Scavuzzo's.
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

Scavuzzo's