usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 110

6 members and 104 guests
Most users ever online was 2,553, 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,364
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default BBQ Grillware Stainless

Anyone had any experience with this fella?

BBQ Grillware Stainless Charcoal Grill from Lowe's.

Seems sturdy, large cooking area, porcelain coated cast iron grates, with height adjustable charcoal pan. Looking for a good sturdy second grill and this one's on sale.

thoughts?
    Attached Images
    dave - Little Dixie

Brinkman SnP w/ Afterburner
    BBQ Grillware Stainless

Haven't used one but have scoped them fully.

Faults I see are inadequate fire grate.

Inadequate pivot mechanism in the grate raising assy

Hood too small for goo low temp burn/large items.

It's not a bad deal for the $, and prolly the top o the line for a Chinese made mass production unit.

Well I went back to take some measurements after making the initial post and ended up buying it - before I read your response Tim. Impulse buy

The grate and assembly is pretty weak, will need to mod at some point. Fired it up after assembly and it did pretty good. Steady high heat burn. Not bad, should do what I want it to do. Live and learn.
    Last edited by Teaser; 08-09-2008 at 05:30 AM.
    dave - Little Dixie

Brinkman SnP w/ Afterburner
    BBQ Grillware Stainless

I'm sure you'll like it. Like I said, it's prolly the top of the line for Chinese made, and you won't find American made for any where near that price.

Ain't Oklahoma close to China??? Damn Tim, I bet you coulda got the poor fella a great deal!

Nice cooker, and I have seen them too. If you keep it covered and cleaned it should last a long time. Just remember that ashes and water will make quick work of rusting your grill to pieces. I would love to have one myself.
    Noah \#/

Nauti-Que BBQ Team
    www.nauti-que.com

Lang 60M Marie Laveau "Another pig done gone!"
    BSKD
    Weber Kettle
    Homemade Pipe Grill
    80qt Crawfish Rig, with Jet Burner
    Several Camp Stoves
    Camp Fire

Quote Originally Posted by nmayeux View Post
    Ain't Oklahoma close to China??? Damn Tim, I bet you coulda got the poor fella a great deal!

Nice cooker, and I have seen them too. If you keep it covered and cleaned it should last a long time. Just remember that ashes and water will make quick work of rusting your grill to pieces. I would love to have one myself.

Prolly coulda saved a few bucks on shipping!

This is an untimely reply as the original post on this was months ago. I got one of these grills at Lowes last fall. I love charcoal grills and this was a good deal (200 bucks on sale). There are many pluses and minuses to this grill. The construction is solid. It has solid iron sides, is generally well built, heats up well and will hold steady temps for hours if you want to smoke on it. The heat grate is adjustable.

On the downside, the grate raising/lowering assembly is poorly constructed as folks say. The grate should rise to within about an inch of the grilling surface, but after just a few uses, mine bent and now I can only raise the grate to withing about four inches of the cooking surface. I would have returned it but had chucked the receipt, so now I have to repair/modify the assembly to make it work.

Overall, a recommended buy. The grill is very nice and sturdy, with some noted exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnin' britches View Post
    This is an untimely reply as the original post on this was months ago. I got one of these grills at Lowes last fall. I love charcoal grills and this was a good deal (200 bucks on sale). There are many pluses and minuses to this grill. The construction is solid. It has solid iron sides, is generally well built, heats up well and will hold steady temps for hours if you want to smoke on it. The heat grate is adjustable.

On the downside, the grate raising/lowering assembly is poorly constructed as folks say. The grate should rise to within about an inch of the grilling surface, but after just a few uses, mine bent and now I can only raise the grate to withing about four inches of the cooking surface. I would have returned it but had chucked the receipt, so now I have to repair/modify the assembly to make it work.

Overall, a recommended buy. The grill is very nice and sturdy, with some noted exceptions.
    You should be able to take it back to Lowe's w/o a receipt if you want.

When shopping for a new charcoal grill, I looked very seriously at that grill. the mechanism you refer to was one of my major concerns. Anothe was the dome shaped lid as opposed to squared off. Last, but not least was the material that the charcoal grates were made from.

I must admit that for the $ it was a good buy. I just wanted something that I would not have to replace.