Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 29

10 members and 19 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,108
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Bws air intake question

Do you run it with both vents open.? and thoughts on basic inserts to "maze" the charcoal? Thx
    "BoB" a leaky Offset Stickburner
    Backwoods G2 Party and G2 Chubby
    UDS

I have a guru so I really don't remember, but I think I just used one. The charcoal rack works just fine like it is. They are beautifully engineered. No need for any moods. My chubby ran for 6 hours at 290 just last Saturday, then another 3 hours at 225 with no added fuel.

I wouldn't be without a guru on my backwoods.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

When I got my party, I was told to fill the charcoal tray, start the charcoal in the back left corner, and only open the vent a small amount by where the fire was started. Keeping the right side closed. Worked great, and then I got a stoker.
    Mark Crigler

Got it. I've got a g2 party coming and about to order g2 chubby. Planning on making a cart of sorta to put both on but the right chubby vent would be up against the side of the party. Didn't think it mattered much as they will both be gurued. Thx

sent from my Droid with tapatalk ignore the spelling..
    "BoB" a leaky Offset Stickburner
    Backwoods G2 Party and G2 Chubby
    UDS

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrig View Post
    When I got my party, I was told to fill the charcoal tray, start the charcoal in the back left corner, and only open the vent a small amount by where the fire was started. Keeping the right side closed. Worked great, and then I got a stoker.
    Mark, you can light the back left or right front corner. Whichever corner you light needs to be the one with the intake opened about 1/4 " or have your guru on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpa View Post
    Got it. I've got a g2 party coming and about to order g2 chubby. Planning on making a cart of sorta to put both on but the right chubby vent would be up against the side of the party. Didn't think it mattered much as they will both be gurued. Thx

sent from my Droid with tapatalk ignore the spelling..
    Spence, you need to make sure you have room fro the guru adapter and fan. You may also want to be able to open the opposite intake at times too. If oyu are getting toward the end of your cook and temps start dropping due to low fuel, opening the opposite vetn about 1/4" will give you anothe hour or two to finish the cook w/o adding fuel.

No maze. It just simply isn't necessary.

I have an Extended Party, and G2 Party that is still in the crate. I light the right front corner and have a pit viper fan hooked up to the vent by that corner. I open the left vent up during light off and close it up when I get to around 200F. After that I just let the guru control temp.
    Mel / Full Metal Pork / Comp Rig -- G2 Party-G2 Chubby-Chicken Little / BWS EXT Party