usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 33

3 members and 30 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Thread: Barbe Matic

Default Barbe Matic

I just scored a deal on a decent looking Barbe-Matic Model #D3 rotisserie smoker, made in Garland, TX. Glass is all good, elements look good, it has some character marks here and there that I don't think I can fix, but it's a nice looking unit, clad in copper.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get some printed material on this unit? An owner's manual, maybe even a parts listing? I'm caught between refurbishing this and using it myself, or flipping it. The material I'm looking for does NOT have to be original, I'd take copies, etc. My online search didn't yield much on this unit, but I have seen two others that have sold recently, one on Ebay, on a auction.

Thanks!
    dottr

I have never heard of it and can't find anything on line about it.

Can you show us a pic of it?

Default Soon?

I'll try and put pics up as soon as I can, but right now I have it torn down, cleaning it up real nice.

The top and sides are copper, so it was apparently built to be pretty as well as being functional.

Info I gleaned from the net includes that the company was changed to Taste Master, Inc., Green bay, WI, but aside from that, I am coming up with nothing too.

I found a couple things on line that had a little to say about it. As best I could tell, it seemed like it was an electric unit. Is the heat source electric, or just the rotisserie?

Default All electric

It has two exposed heating elements on the sides, but it looks like it is missing the motor that runs the rotisserie.

That could be a problem.

Unless you like your meat done on just two sides....