Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 24

7 members and 17 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Thread: Pecan Lodge

Cool Pecan Lodge

Yesterday, 9-2-12 me and the wife went to the dallas farmers market to get some fresh fruits. that was not the only reason we went there. we also went there because we had seen a show on the food network called "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives". they were doing a special on bar b que joints. when i saw that this one was so close to us, we had to make a trip down there to this place. i am so happy that we did go. i can honestly say this place had the best bar b que i have ever tasted. the flavor of all the meat was to die for. i told my wife that i think i could finally die and go to heaven now that i ate at this place. we both had the 3 meat plate, which was $14 each. i had the brisket, pulled pork, and burnt ends. the wife had the brisket, sausage, and ribs. we both had a side of their mac and cheese, with bacon added. the mac and cheese was pretty good also. the brisket, literally melted in my mouth. did not have to use a knife to cut it. the burnt ends were loaded with flavor. the pulled pork in my opinion was just a tad dry, but very flavorful. the ribs were very good, not fall off the bone, but very good. sausage was pretty good as well. i took pics before we both dug in. if you get a chance to visit this location, i would say go for it. the only thing is you better get there early. they are only open on thursday - sunday, 11-3. we got there ten minutes before they opened and had to stand in line for almost 30 mins. me and my wife both decided that when we go to the farmers market we will definitely be going back to this place.

Next time I find my self in the Big "D" I might have to check that out thanks for the heads up.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

Any place that uses bacon as a garnish is OK in my book!
    UDS Mini UDS Weber Performer Weber 18.5 OTG Smokey Joe Smokey Joe WSM mod Weber-Q 1200

The Pecan Lodge will be moving soon ... to the lower greenville Ave area, I have heard.

Their BBQ is well above average. I have been several times, and haven't been disappointed. They have beef ribs on occasion, which are hard to find and always sell out quick. The sausage is good, the pork ribs above average, and the brisket is slightly above average. Sometimes, the brisket can be a bit dry. Chicken is good.

The prices are fairly high, but that mostly because of their location: they cater to a young, hipster crouwd who'll drop a lot of money on anything or any place they deem "cool" at the time (to wit: spending $2400 a month on a 800 sq. foot apartment because it's downtown and thus "cool.") because of the size of the hipster crowd, there is often a line, and it does not always move quickly because hipsters struggle with the concept of ordering by the pound. Still, you can pass the time easliy by looking at their neck tattoos.

They're only open for lunch, and like most of the better places, they only cook so much, and then they're out, so go early.

By the way, they also have fried chicken, and it is really, really good.

Sounds like Franklins North with shorter lines. Your always treated to a free pre-dinner freak show on the bright side the Dirty Hippies are at the latest Veghead food truck so as not to taint the Sweet aroma wafting down the block from the pit area.
    Be kind to me, it's not my fault I'm a "PORK-A-HOLIC"!!
    MY Blog:Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
    Chargriller Smokin' Pro/SFB
    Webber 22.5"
    Memorial UDS Big Jim

I've yet to make it to Franklin's. I've heard it's very good, but for some reason, I'm not willing to wait in one for good que' the way I used to.

The street scene in Austin is always good for a laugh, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BluDawg View Post
    Sounds like Franklins North with shorter lines. Your always treated to a free pre-dinner freak show on the bright side the Dirty Hippies are at the latest Veghead food truck so as not to taint the Sweet aroma wafting down the block from the pit area.